Hegel house sound

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
newlash09 said:
insider9 said:
I'm confused you're taking about big bass drivers and Opticons *blum3*

Did you mean 10 inch woofers in my speakers? *biggrin*

I didn't know you had 10 inch woofers in your speakers. Thought modern speakers don't come with those anymore :)

Till you mentioned those, I was referring to the opticon's twin 8 inch bass drivers. Which I thought was as big as modern speakers can get..

Some new Tannoys have 1 0" cones......

More an exception than the norm I would say. Any idea how low they would go with those 10" drivers. Most floor standers these days seem to stop in the 40hz range, except for the really big ones.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
insider9 said:
drummerman said:
Insider, did you read AE 's review in HifiNews & RR?
Sorry DM only noticed you mentioned AE not H190. No not read it. But must admit if it's another glowing review you've got only one decision to make... what colour to go for *biggrin*

Well, I showed her indoors the options. Whilst I did initially dismissed the (orange'ish) laquered cherry veneer one she thinks it looks stunning. I have to say it has grown on me. I don't like the shiney trims which seem to stand out most on the gloss black version. Hopefully they have all three at Bristol (with a good deal).

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
davidf said:
Just for fun I tried the Rost with KEF Blades - for a £2k amplifier, the Rost was sounding far better than it had any right to, so all these sub £2/3k speakers will be no problem to control.

I note you run a small forum, but it seems a little neglected...?

Romulus said:
davidf said:
Just for fun I tried the Rost with KEF Blades - for a £2k amplifier, the Rost was sounding far better than it had any right to, so all these sub £2/3k speakers will be no problem to control.

I note you run a small forum, but it seems a little neglected...?
Yes, admittedly, I don’t really post very much on it, and most others probably won’t until I do, but it’s just finding time to do it. I add bits in every now and then, but find that if I have time, I’d rather work on the website than add something to the forum as it’s much more productive. I’m still finding my feet with regards to running a company, doing social media, maintaining a website - and all that is outside of what happens on a day to day basis. If I’m honest, I don’t want it to be a busy forum, just a place where someone can visit away from the usual, discuss something they might not otherwise feel comfortable doing on some forums, or just chip in when they want to. No pressure on either side - it’s there for the use of anyone, if they wish to use it.

The website is getting to a point where I’ve done what I can with it, other than adding in a bucketload of tech spec, but manufacturers spend a fortune providing that, so why spend pointless hours duplicating that info? I don’t want to just copy and paste. The website gives a taste of what we’re about and what we offer, rather than every little bit of information available on every single product we have access to. I’m hoping people will view the website, see we’re different, and that we offer something different, and show an interest one way or another. Either people will see value in what I do or they won’t - and that’ll be the deciding factor as to whether this is a success or not. More often than not, I see posts about slightly more obscure brands or products that people are interested in, but can’t seem to find a dealer - hopefully they can now. There’s much more to come, but like most other dealers, it’s a case of “use or lose”. I’m not interested in keeping the brands you can see in virtually every single hi-fi store you walk into.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I think you are doing a great job and like your personal approach. In your forum a person called Gandalf raises an interesting query about speakers and floor boards in your speakers section as two two way stereo, just wondered if you would give a short response as I am too interested in the solution. And its great that you store the Hegel brand.

Romulus said:
I think you are doing a great job and like your personal approach. In your forum a person called Gandalf raises an interesting query about speakers and floor boards in your speakers section as two two way stereo, just wondered if you would give a short response as I am too interested in the solution. And its great that you store the Hegel brand.
I didn’t even see that - not sure why that didn’t flag up....answered :)

TRENDING THREADS