WiFi to Hegel H95

Oxfordian

I can use my Hegel H95 for streaming wired via its ethernet port to access streaming via Spotify and Apple Airplay, but there is no WiFi capability within the amplifier.

Now the house is wifi'd throughout but when I relocate the Hegel later this year it's new location is a wifi only room, I would still like to have some form of internet connection and use the Hegel for a bit of streaming if possible.

Is there a way to have the Hegel become WiFi compatible or is it simply better to get a basic wifi streamer and send its signal to the H95 using one of its digital inputs.

This is going to be casual listening rather than anything serious so don't want to spend much more than £1 (ish) :)

Fandango Andy

I can use my Hegel H95 for streaming wired via its ethernet port to access streaming via Spotify and Apple Airplay, but there is no WiFi capability within the amplifier.

Now the house is wifi'd throughout but when I relocate the Hegel later this year it's new location is a wifi only room, I would still like to have some form of internet connection and use the Hegel for a bit of streaming if possible.

Is there a way to have the Hegel become WiFi compatible or is it simply better to get a basic wifi streamer and send its signal to the H95 using one of its digital inputs.

This is going to be casual listening rather than anything serious so don't want to spend much more than £1 (ish) :)
Thats a serious piece of kit for "casual listening"!

You can get a wifi extender with ethernet output with a "bridge mode". No idea what that will do for the sound. It's going to cost around £50 to £100.

Or for £89 a WiiM Mini will take care of wifi streaming. The onboard DAC isn't upto much, so bypass it and use toslink to connect to the Hegal.

Oxfordian

Thats a serious piece of kit for "casual listening"!

You can get a wifi extender with ethernet output with a "bridge mode". No idea what that will do for the sound. It's going to cost around £50 to £100.

Or for £89 a WiiM Mini will take care of wifi streaming. The onboard DAC isn't upto much, so bypass it and use toslink to connect to the Hegal.
£89 is perfect I’ll have a look on line and find out a bit more about the Mini. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Fandango Andy

manicm

£1 will cover your petrol to drive to the local tip. Lots of people throw away perfectly good working electronics. Try and find a Bluetooth adapter in there. Stream Wi-Fi from your phone over BT.
NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Establish a good, stable wifi connection in the room, then as someone suggested, get an extender/wifi plug, and connect normally through ethernet.

Reactions: Oxfordian

Juzzie Wuzzie

I lent a friend a Devolo dLan 550 kit which he used to solve a similar issue and his system still sounded great (WiiM mini into Naim "olive" into PMCs). So I'd either go the WiiM mini route or some extenders. Well, that's a lie, I would run some Cat6 cable ;-)

Reactions: manicm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts