Hegel house sound

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Hi, could anyone offer any insights to this? Can it be described? What does one expect to get with Hegel? Thanks

The Hegel is for the most part quite neutral but it's the quiet parts of the music that stand out at first.

A very low noise floor
Even toned
Not bright at all but all the details are clear
Yes very clear sound
Bass is very very tuneful and slightly lean very well controlled.
Best amps imo for passive setups

They are also very fast sounding 0-100 and back to 0 in a flash.

I must say that most probably these qualities are like electrocompanient and brystons of this world also.

Mine are just bedding in nicely now - earlier in the week I was using the H90 with Amphion Argon 0s and KEF Q550s, and the last few days I’ve been using the Rost with the Amphion Argon 1s and and Ophidian Mambos - I’ll be trying it with the Heco Direkt Einklang and Larsen 8.2s next week. I’d go along with what Andrew has said so far.

insider9

Assuming rather neutral speakers with a Densen amp would you say Hegel DAC would be appropriate, David?

No warmth in that system coming from any component. Would it be any good or likely lean, clean and not engaging?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Assuming rather neutral speakers with a Densen amp would you say Hegel DAC would be appropriate, David?

No warmth in that system coming from any component. Would it be any good or likely lean, clean and not engaging?

Very engaging just not a flavour added
But it will sound realistic or organic

insider9

Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:

That's what I've been hoping to hear. Don't tell my wife :)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:

Which Hegel model are you interested in?

insider9

Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:
Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:

Looked at HD12.

insider9 said:

I haven’t yet heard the stand alone DAC as I’m starting with their amplification (which obviously have integral DACs), but as with most amplifiers, you’re probably hearing more character coming from the amp rather than from the DAC. After listening to the Rost for the past 2-3 days, it now seems to be settling in and opening up quite a bit, which I particularly noticed yesterday afternoon. I can’t think of anything that would really be any more neutral than this - many say the ATC integrated amplifier is neutral, but from my experience, it has a character to it (which suits their speakers).

I’d certainly say that if you’re not looking to change the sound of your existing system too much, or or in this case, not much at all, I’d say the Hegel DAC is well worth auditioning.

And yet it was with the Rost that Hegel started to add some character by filling it out and warming it up somewhat. Hence Rost (VOICE) - the new VOICE of Hegel Music Systems (which I came up with btw *smile*).

ATC’s SIA2-150 MK2 isn’t as direct as their CA2/P1 or CA2/P2 pre/power amplification however it’s certainly more accurate/transparent then the Rost.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:
Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:

Looked at HD12.

Have a look at the hd30 instead
This is 10 times better.

insider9

MUSICRAFT said:
Hi insider9

If you happy to also consider used or discontinued then Arcam’s IRDAC MK1 is also worth bearing in mind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
Thanks Rick. I set my heart on 2Qute. Hugo second hand is also interesting.

That HD12 you've got that we spoke about on Friday is very interesting. Do you really think it wouldn't do well in my setup?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Under £1,000

She'd kill me if she knew I'm considering.

Take a look on musicrafts special offers webpage
Don't know if he's playing games but he's basically giving away the last of his Hegel stock.
I'm sure you could (if the offers are genuine get the hd30 at a good price)

insider9

Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:
Under £1,000

She'd kill me if she knew I'm considering.

Take a look on musicrafts special offers webpage
Don't know if he's playing games but he's basically giving away the last of his Hegel stock.
I'm sure you could (if the offers are genuine get the hd30 at a good price)
Thanks Andrew. Spoken to Rick on Friday but wanted to ask everyone else.

It's all Gel's fault as he was asking about an amp and I knew Musicraft had some decent deals on Hegel.

insider9 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi insider9

If you happy to also consider used or discontinued then Arcam’s IRDAC MK1 is also worth bearing in mind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

That HD12 you've got that we spoke about on Friday is very interesting. Do you really think it wouldn't do well in my setup?

Hi insider9

You’re welcome.

I need to work something out and i’ll be in touch with you tomorrow.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

insider9

MUSICRAFT said:
insider9 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi insider9

If you happy to also consider used or discontinued then Arcam’s IRDAC MK1 is also worth bearing in mind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi insider9

You’re welcome. 

I need to work something out and i’ll be in touch with you tomorrow.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

No worries and no rush. Thanks Rick.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to persuade you but the hd30 is true high end.

I'd look at making a plan for the little extra seems it's so much reduced already.

-150db noise floor
That's insane

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts