Hegel house sound

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Let me add something; I was really interested in comparing the amplifier with my existing one.

Thing is, since plugging the Hegel in I have not re-connected the Cyrus. I have not even tried the internal DAC. Because of work I have not been able to listen too much but it just sounds 'right'. So much so that I kind of didnt feel the need to play around with things.

Not something that has happened too many times in the past.

insider9

I only had Rost on 3 day demo so was forced to do reconnect. I enjoy Densen immensely but in direct comparison just felt that Rost was better overall. Not everything was better but as a package it just did it for me.

As a side note. Having listened to H160 for a while now I can't warm up to its sound. It doesn't gel with my speakers. The other day I've tried it as a DAC only into Densen and this has been a revelation! I never expected anything like it.

Although Rost and H160 are using the same AKM chip the H160 sounds more expansive. It sounds better than HD12 sounded or any other DAC I've listened to in my system. I've not tried to connect the Rost to Densen which I will as soon as I'm back with it on Monday.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
drummerman said:
Let me add something; I was really interested in comparing the amplifier with my existing one.

Thing is, since plugging the Hegel in I have not re-connected the Cyrus. I have not even tried the internal DAC. Because of work I have not been able to listen too much but it just sounds 'right'. So much so that I kind of didnt feel the need to play around with things.

So how would you describe a Hegel, then?...like a Cyrus, only better? *diablo*

insider9

CnoEvil said:
drummerman said:

So how would you describe a Hegel, then?...like a Cyrus, only better? *diablo*
H160 and I base the opinion on the others from the former range plus some things I've heard my cousin say about H300 (2 generations old) would be like Cyrus sound. I've not owned Cyrus though but that's what I got from my limited time with Cyrus.

insider9

Blacksabbath25 said:
I was interested in the Hegel’s myself a specially the H190 or H360 but I’ve never heard the Hegel sound yet only on YouTube which is not the same thing 
Feel free to come for a listen. However it would be H160 until Monday and Rost afterwards. If all goes go plan H190 will follow Rost.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
drummerman said:

So how would you describe a Hegel, then?...like a Cyrus, only better? *diablo*

Not sure. Difficult to describe something that seems pretty self effacing.

insider9

Blacksabbath25 said:
Thanks insider for the offer but I bet you live miles away from me ? I am Ely Cambridgeshire 
I'm in Sheffield. So not that far. I will be in Cambridge on 3rd of Feb for half a day. My son's got a lecture at the university. If you're available I'd be prepared to bring Hegel so you can have a listen. Must say really like the look of your system, as you know I really like Dali speakers.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Thanks insider for the offer but I bet you live miles away from me ? I am Ely Cambridgeshire
I'm in Sheffield. So not that far. I will be in Cambridge on 3rd of Feb for half a day. My son's got a lecture at the university. If you're available I'd be prepared to bring Hegel so you can have a listen. Must say really like the look of your system, as you know I really like Dali speakers.
I would be up for that but will you have time as was thinking your got to travel back to Sheffield ? I also have to pick my daughter up from school at 3.15 pm so if it’s possible in between before I pick my daughter up then yes that would be great . how do you go about giving details without the world knowing ?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
insider9 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
I would be up for that but will you have time as was thinking your got to travel back to Sheffield ? I also have to pick my daughter up from school at 3.15 pm so if it’s possible in between before I pick my daughter up then yes that would be great . how do you go about giving details without the world knowing ?

Join PFM. Private mailing.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Sorry did not realise it was a Saturday that’s sounds ok as my wife will take my daughter to ballet for 10.30am so should be ok for a couple of hours

i am not a member anywhere else when it comes to hifi forums or gumtree but I do have a Facebook account if that’s any good

insider9

Blacksabbath25 said:
insider9 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
3rd Feb is a Saturday does your daughter have school that day? I should be in Cambridge for 9.30am so could be in Ely after 10am. Are you on any other forum PFM, Hifi Wigwam? PM through there would work. Otherwise we can do it as I did it last time I needed to do the same thing.

*EDITED*

insider9

Forgot I created an email address just for this a while back. This forum is not the most user friendly in this regard. Please email me on below. I'm shortly off to the gym so may not get back to you straight away

**EDITED**

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
What do you think your possibly have with you then ?

The hegal H190 has a good power supply as well do you no the power output of the hegal H190 and will go down to 4ohm load ?

Edit.... I just looked 2 times 250 Watts into 4ohm load that’s 500 Watts

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
Rost measured by HFN achieved 135W into 4 ohm and dynamic 225W. How large is your room of that's not enough?
roughly 8 or 9 meters guessing long by 4-5 meters wide I have my setup against the longest part of my room but your probably say my Dali’s are to big for my room but they are well behaved as you will see when you come

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts