Hegel house sound

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
DM - I have been reading your posts for years and know that you are knowledgeable in a reserved way and not a box-swapper. What was it that made you gravitate towards Hegel after being satisfied with Cyrus for all those years? The buzz around the brand at the moment or the tech specs? Just curious, not a loaded question.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It’s mainly the Hegel sound and as a product I am interested in as it’s something I do not see around my neck of the woods but thinking about it would have to be the Hegel H190 or H360 as a proper upgrade if I went that way .

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Gazzip said:
DM - I have been reading your posts for years and know that you are knowledgeable in a reserved way and not a box-swapper. What was it that made you gravitate towards Hegel after being satisfied with Cyrus for all those years? The buzz around the brand at the moment or the tech specs? Just curious, not a loaded question.

Hi Gazzip

I must unashamedly admit it was Musicraft's special offers.

Without I could not have afforded Hegel and perhaps would have never listened to it. Unfortunately I'm not made of money and other things often have priority.

I also am not to enamoured with the looks but the H90 is slim enough and the (new) display is very nice.

It also gave me an incentive for the first time in years to plan a specific path. So whilst I most likely will be using a Hegel for Pre-amplification a pair of Acoustic Energy active standmounts are on the list. This way, as chebby once suggested, I can keep my options open for the future but all this will probably be enough to last me a few years again.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
Gazzip said:

Hi Gazzip

I must unashamedly admit it was Musicraft's special offers.

Without I could not have afforded Hegel and perhaps would have never listened to it. Unfortunately I'm not made of money and other things often have priority.

I also am not to enamoured with the looks but the H90 is slim enough and the (new) display is very nice.

It also gave me an incentive for the first time in years to plan a specific path. So whilst I most likely will be using a Hegel for Pre-amplification a pair of Acoustic Energy active standmounts are on the list. This way, as chebby once suggested, I can keep my options open for the future but all this will probably be enough to last me a few years again.

Sounds like a good plan!

I was/am very tempted to upgrade my Roksan for a Hegel. Before Christmas, when Musicraft were advertising an H360 at a crazy price, I spoke to Rick about buying it unheard. Unfortunately it had provisionally sold and I had missed out on it by a hairbreadth. *cray2*

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gazzip said:
drummerman said:
Perhaps a 190 Gazzip?

DM

If Rick will put me on the waiting list I would definitely take one at that price! Rick?

Rick, Good to talk to you a few minutes ago.

As discussed if a 190 becomes available then please let me know and I will relieve you of it without hesitation.

All the best, GazziP (Not Mark Owen!) *smile*

Gazzip said:
Gazzip said:
drummerman said:
Perhaps a 190 Gazzip?

DM

If Rick will put me on the waiting list I would definitely take one at that price! Rick?

Rick, Good to talk to you a few minutes ago.

As discussed if a 190 becomes available then please let me know and I will relieve you of it without hesitation.

All the best, GazziP (Not Mark Owen!) *smile*

Hi Gazzip

Great talking to you too. Will do.

Btw, next time I'll try and ask for you *smile*

Alk the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
insider9 said:
It was great to see you and yes I'm enjoying Rost. Thanks for everything.

I have been quiet as listened to music a lot. Skipping the gym this evening so I can turn it up while my wife's out.

Is that code for something? Dirty beggar...

insider9 said:
It was great to see you and yes I'm enjoying Rost. Thanks for everything.

I have been quiet as listened to music a lot. Skipping the gym this evening so I can turn it up while my wife's out.

Hi insider9

You're welcome and glad you're enjoying the performance of the Rost.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS