Hegel H360 or H20, P20/HD30 combo?

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been doing some research on Hegel, I have demoed the H360(2 weeks at home) and was very impressed but how does it compare to the P20/H20 combo? On paper it seems the H360 is better, but has anyone heard them both head to head? Or even the HD30 and H20 vs H360?

I have sent an email to Hegel asking a few questions and awaiting a response, while I'm waiting for a reply it would be good to see if anyone else has had an experiance.

Many thanks in advance. ;)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Boomer said:
Hi all,

I have been doing some research on Hegel, I have demoed the H360(2 weeks at home) and was very impressed but how does it compare to the P20/H20 combo? On paper it seems the H360 is better, but has anyone heard them both head to head? Or even the HD30 and H20 vs H360?

I have sent an email to Hegel asking a few questions and awaiting a response, while I'm waiting for a reply it would be good to see if anyone else has had an experiance.

Many thanks in advance. ;)

Why dont you have a demo. I have not heard the pre/power combo but ive heard that the 360 is close but if I had the money i know which one id get.
Give musicraft a bell

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I have spoken to Rick and he has given me some good advice, I already purchased and received the HD30 about 2 weeks ago, I have now committed to the H20 and should receive it in a week or two. I will let you know how it compares(from memory). If anyone lives in Somerset with a H360 I'd be happy to bring it all along for a Head to Head?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Im slightly jealous. If youd gotten th h30 power amp then id steal it.

Please post your review in my hegel music systems thread. Really interested in the dac/pre impressions, looks amazing.

Pitty im in derby as its a long way to compare but if im ever down that way...

Are you the guy that had dynaudio speakers?

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Yeah that's right, I had the Dynaudios but to be fair the bass on them is so floppy and out of time. You don't realise until you try them against something else, I believe the H360 was to good for them to be fair and my current power amp didn't show up the faults with the Dynaudios(if you know what I mean). I will be coming upto Derby to see Rick in the new year(he doesn't know yet lol) it maybe towards summer so I could pop in with the gear?

I will stick a review on here and the Hegel music thread after the burn in phase. This means people can find it quicker than searching through all the pages. ;)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Boomer said:
Yeah that's right, I had the Dynaudios but to be fair the bass on them is so floppy and out of time. You don't realise until you try them against something else, I believe the H360 was to good for them to be fair and my current power amp didn't show up the faults with the Dynaudios(if you know what I mean). I will be coming upto Derby to see Rick in the new year(he doesn't know yet lol) it maybe towards summer so I could pop in with the gear?

I will stick a review on here and the Hegel music thread after the burn in phase. This means people can find it quicker than searching through all the pages. ;)

Let me know

Btw id of thought the better amp would have made the speakers sound better? Oh and that hd30 dac per amp looks sooo good.

Lots of bucks though, i hope its much better than the intergrated.

Have you tested atc on your hegel? Passive 40s, 50s or even 100s hahahaha youll be broke

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I hope its better than the Integrated aswell, otherwise I have wasted some serious money. We will see.

I havent tried the ATCs but I have heard other modern enclosed speakers and I wasn't impressed, but when I pop up I could hear the ATCs at Musicraft or yours? Which model do you have again?

BTW I want this to be it with Hifi now, I just want to settle with the Hegel and never look back, the only other upgrade I'm thinking is the Pre Amp.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Boomer said:
I hope its better than the Integrated aswell, otherwise I have wasted some serious money. We will see.

I havent tried the ATCs but I have heard other modern enclosed speakers and I wasn't impressed, but when I pop up I could hear the ATCs at Musicraft or yours? Which model do you have again?

BTW I want this to be it with Hifi now, I just want to settle with the Hegel and never look back, the only other upgrade I'm thinking is the Pre Amp.

I currently have kef r700s and they sound very good but ive demoed atcscm40s with my amp and its awesome and im saving for those then yes done with everything and happy. The mid range is so good.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Boomer said:
Yeah that's right, I had the Dynaudios but to be fair the bass on them is so floppy and out of time. You don't realise until you try them against something else, I believe the H360 was to good for them to be fair and my current power amp didn't show up the faults with the Dynaudios(if you know what I mean).
Dynaudios generally need a lot of control, which was why most people either found them too bassy, or loved them because they had loads of bass. They can sound nice and tight once you partner them with the right amp (many of them were a little demanding, being a 4ohm load), but very few want to spend enough money to do so.

SteveR750

Andrew, have you not got the ATC yet? I've not listened to my system much in recent weeks due to work commitments and the addition of a puppy to the house, but when I do it's sublime. The JL sub is really very good too.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Andrew, have you not got the ATC yet? I've not listened to my system much in recent weeks due to work commitments and the addition of a puppy to the house, but when I do it's sublime. The JL sub is really very good too.

Ive just got back from sa and blown loads of cash plus my bullie is very ill and spending a fortune on vet bills. But ill start saving up soon. I think ill try and flog the kefs and get small speakers for now.

Christo GM said:
So... What are the results?

Anyone?

Hi Christo GM

The op is to put it mildly happy with his HD30/H20 combination
thumbs_up.gif
"the detail of this DAC/Power combo is out of the world" "it's so clear and bassy"
regular_smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS