Vinyl Engine experience?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
stevebrock said:
whats happened to this place!

as my mate calls it "whatsafuckinghifi"

Nothing's changed Steve, and that's the problem
wink_smile.gif

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
You are one of the few that like to think you sit in a high place. It's folks like you that give this place a bad name.

Really? Who came out of nowhere in this thread and posted nothing constructive or enlightening, but just thought they'd stick the boot in? Was it me or you?

Anyway I'm off for a walk with Cno to discuss how much higher we sit than you.

Play nice.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Freddy58 said:
You are one of the few that like to think you sit in a high place. It's folks like you that give this place a bad name.

Really? Who came out of nowhere in this thread and posted nothing constructive or enlightening, but just thought they'd stick the boot in? Was it me or you?

Anyway I'm off for a walk with Cno to discuss how much higher we sit than you.

Play nice.

Well, if I could have been constructive, I would have been. Isn't that what a forum should be about? I won't pretend to be knowledgeable about Hi-Fi. This where folks like you should come in, offering advice in a constructive and polite manner.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Well, if I could have been constructive, I would have been. Isn't that what a forum should[/b] be about? I won't pretend to be knowledgeable about Hi-Fi. This where folks like you should[/b] come in, offering advice in a constructive and polite manner.

You do yourself a disservice. I doubt you know any less about HiFi than many people here, myself included. Most of what I know about HiFi is obsolete. I saw a YouTube video the other day showing people how to thread a basic reel to reel tape recorder (Akai 4000DB was the model). Now you'll probably accuse me of being inpolite again, but not only did it make me feel old because it's no longer common knowledge, I also figured that if you're too stupid to figure it out in the first place then a reel to reel is probably not for you (obviously not meaning you personally!!)

And I guess that's just the crux of the problem I have. Maybe it's because I'm disabled: as a one armed person I don't really have any role models, no-one's ever shown me how to wash my remaining arm or tie my own shoe-laces, I've had to figure stuff out using basic common sense instead of being spoonfed everything. One day somone's going to ask which way are they supposed to turn the frikkin' volume knob, and I'm going to be straight on the blower to Cno asking him if he fancies walking a few hundred miles lol.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
..and I claim my five pounds. *cray2*

My late father lost the use of an arm as a teenager when he crashed his BSA motorbike. I never lost the sense of wonder at how he could tie his shoelaces with one hand.

R.I.P. mate.

Melchior

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had more experienvce with "vinyl" than you ever will. I had 1200 LPs when I got my CD player. I sold almost all of my LPs right away. I held onto a few of them for sentimental value (they were collectible) but the last of those were sold last year.

I think it's reasonable to expect instructions with something new, but if buying second hand THEN it's reasonabe to assume the instructions have long since been lost, and you'll be on your own.

None of us knows it all.

Amplification- no idea, but I LOVE my sp10.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts