Has anyone got....

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
....a clue on how you get the caps out of the rear terminals on a pair of Monitor Audio R90s? I was advised to use a small screwdriver to flip them out, so far all I'm doing is breaking the edges off them. I have visions of ending up with the caps permanently stuck in as I've broken the tops off them! :cry: :cry:

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
hi KeithT

with the speakers on a flat surface, try using a small pair of pliers to grip both sides of the plug, then gently pull back towards you, they should come out.

hope this helps

:grin:

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
You could always use a small self-tapping screw. Screw it in until it bites them pull it out, hopefully with the plastic bung on the end.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I was annoyed I couldnt use banana plugs till I realised they had caps. EU regs? Very small drill. Then self tapping screw as above. Or.cut a slither of wood to make a (soft) blade. Some may come out easily. Just thought! If you twist the 'knob' out does it not pull them off a mm??

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
easiest way - unscrew the terminals all the way out, then back in again (think that makes it easier) - that loosens the cap - then pop it out with a small flat head screw drivers

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi Keith

Sorry to go off-piste with my subject, but I notice you have the same collection of speakers as me and I was curious how you feel they match with your Arcam AV receiver.

How would you describe details levels, attack / speed and sound balance (i.e. sharp or warm)? Do you have anything to compare the amp to? (For example, did you have the Kandy K2 amp before?)

Also, when listening to stereo sources, do you just use PCM direct? Does your receiver have an option to play stereo sources through all available speakers, and if so, how does this sound in your opinion? Can you alter the fore/aft balance if playing this way?

I can't really help on your original question because I use bare wires to connect to the Radius speakers rather than banana plugs.

Thanks

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If it's any consolation I had the same problem getting the bungs out of my Mission 794s. Some came out easy with a fingernail, some I had to drill-out with a threaded bradawl, which of course destroyed them.

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Leeps, surely your R90's push back into their stands through the terminals?

At the moment I'm still using the front as stereo, simply because I need to take the hifi rack apart to lift some floorboards to get the cable to the other side, move the furniture out on that side to pull it through! And as you know the amp weights a tonne! And i haven't yet had time to do all of that.

The front's are still running in, so i'll let you know when it's all set up.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
KeithT said:
Leeps, surely your R90's push back into their stands through the terminals?

At the moment I'm still using the front as stereo, simply because I need to take the hifi rack apart to lift some floorboards to get the cable to the other side, move the furniture out on that side to pull it through! And as you know the amp weights a tonne! And i haven't yet had time to do all of that.

The front's are still running in, so i'll let you know when it's all set up.

Hmmm, good point. I don't remember having too much trouble with the little covers. Look forward to your comments though when things are up & running. Good choice in speakers & CD incidentally! Always been a Roksan fan.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Keith, please don't do what I did.

Picked up my MA BXFX's from my local dealer, and in my haste to get them up and running, using a screwdriver to remove the post caps, I snapped one of the posts.

Less than two hours later, with the speaker under my arm, I walked back into my dealer looking rather embarrassed. :oops: Thankfully, they felt sorry for me and their repair man fixed the post free of charge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts