A

Anonymous

stokes2608:

Hi I've got about £1400 to spend in total but not to sure what to spend it on. The Monitor Audio RX6's got a good review any ideas??

Cheers

Hi

Would i be right in thinking that the £1400 is for all components not just speakers? If so, are you wanting amp, cd and speakers or a different source for example?

A

Anonymous

Hi I'm afraid the £1400 is for the whole system. I will need a amp + tuner + CD player as well as speakers

A

Anonymous

id head down to sevenoaks audio-t or richer sounds and do some serious listening

idc

Hi stokes2608. Any advice you get regarding individual components will be a stab in the dark based on the recommenders own experience.

My advice would be to do some more research yourself, particularly with regards to listening to kit. You can audition at dealers, but you can also listen to any friends systems or anywhere you find a decent setup. I have spent time talking to a gift shop sales assistant after I found the shop had a Bang & Olfsen system!

What kind of music do you listen to? Do you want bass for rock, or a smoother presentation to relax to or do you listen analytically and want loads of detail and clarity?

If you then post back it makes it easier and more importantly, relevant for you, the advice you should get.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like I need to do some auditioning. I listen to loads of different music so do the family.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
yes when you are starting out you have a lot of options to go for

given the amount to spend you maybe can narrow things down by asking if you are happy with multiple boxes i.e separates for CD, Amp, Tuner or if a one box may be a better choice

size of room may come into play to ensure you can drive the speakers with enough to fill the space

the one boxes are getting better, a couple spring to mind such as Marantz or better still Arcam Solo (sadly the Naim is out of the price range) - you should be able to negociate a decent deal for a system with speakers for £1400

if you want separates then you need to audition a few brands such as NAD, Rotel, Marantz if you want all 3 boxes and speakers for £1400.

A

Anonymous

£1400 will get you AVI 9.1's ... connect to spotify premium for a tenner a month ... that is what I would look at with your budget ... most of the comments that I have read from owners are positive

£1400 will also get you a fairly decent (new) seperates system, but go listen/audition at a hifi store such as Richer Sounds

however, if you don't mind used older items, £1400 is a healthy budget to get a really good older system

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts