Everything sounds the same

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
So now we've established that all hi-fi sounds the same as the very cheapest plastic tat you can buy, shall we talk about something more interesting instead? Railway modelling maybe? I'm sure we can get plenty of mileage out of the OO/HO/EM debate ;-)

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Hint: I have 1 DAC, 1 headphone amp, 1 set of cables, 3 pairs of headphones.

676px-Hercules_and_Cerberus_LACMA_65.37.151.jpg

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
What *exactly* were you hoping to achieve with this thread?

Not *entirely* sure: wasn't aware threads had to pass a proof of concept (and presumably health and safety/risk assessment) before we were allowed to post anything, so thanks for the guidance.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
spiny norman said:
cheeseboy said:

Not *entirely* sure: wasn't aware threads had to pass a proof of concept (and presumably health and safety/risk assessment) before we were allowed to post anything, so thanks for the guidance.

so, seems TrevC was actually right then.

Nothing to see here people, move along....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
cheeseboy said:

I think he means what were you trying to acheive other than another argument, as that seems to be all that your initial post was ever going to generate?

Incidentally, we all agree that speakers sound different, so your premise is flawed anyway.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
spiny norman said:
The_Lhc said:
Incidentally, we all agree that speakers sound different, so your premise is flawed anyway.

I thought we almost all agreed that all speakers sound the same – ie rubbish – unless they're active?

christ man, did you get up on the wrong side of bed today or something. Give it a rest.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
The_Lhc said:

I thought we almost all agreed that all speakers sound the same – ie rubbish – unless they're active?

No, passive speakers are differently rubbish, active speakers are all differently perfect.

scene

David@FrankHarvey said:
scene said:
I seem to have fallen down the rabbit hole - can someone, other than the Cheshire Cat, please direct me back to reality?

Just take the red pill.

I was thinking of going for the blue one. If I go for the red one I get to stay in wonderland, and shown how deep the rabbit hole goes *shok*

rainsoothe

Ah, isn't it cute? Look at the "Everything sounds the same, only watts matter, even though I use This-specific-amp that's a different brand from the amp the other guy who has the same credo is using, or from a much cheaper amp that has oodles more power" crowd joining hands in sweet butthurtedness.

O.P.: you are a hero. If people can't tell the difference between a (levelmatched) Marantz and a Naim, good for them - they get off the hook cheaper, and can invest only in speakers. I look forward to the day my ears turn to sound filters so I can swap this SN2 for that Behringer beast and treat my girlfriend to a nice weekend in London, where I can audition some proper speakers on the side.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts