early xmas present- arcam fmj a18

nickd34

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Auditioned the arcam fmj a18 this morning sounded great a big improvement over my nad c326bee. Many thanks to Audio T in cardiff for their help, also bought a set of chrimson Chameleon interconnects which calmed the treble out. Very pleased with the sound now never would have payed so much for an interconnect without hearing the difference for myself.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
What price did you get both for?
emotion-4.gif

matthewpiano

The A18 is a great choice. Superb, musical and involving amplifier. Hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine. I'm using Chord interconnects (albeit CrimsonPlus) too and agree it is an excellent match with the Arcam.

A

Anonymous

Very nice...
emotion-1.gif

Personally I think it's a good amplifier but I ended up with the NAD C355BEE as I found the control over the B&W 685's better, more so with the music I listen to.

I did demo the NAD C326BEE as well but didnt feel that it was as good as the C355BEE but felt that it was on a par with the Arcam (although I must admit the C326BEE was a little bit more bass happy over the Arcam).

What's the rest of your system if you dont mind me asking NickD?

matthewpiano

You see, I feel the Arcam significantly betters the C326BEE (and I have owned one in the past). I also feel, after hearing the C355BEE a few times, that even that doesn't match up to the Arcam overall although I would agree that the synergy with B&W 600 series speakers is better with NAD amplification than it is with Arcam. The Arcam likes more natural sounding speakers like Dali or Focal in my experience.

manicm

matthewpiano:You see, I feel the Arcam significantly betters the C326BEE (and I have owned one in the past). I also feel, after hearing the C355BEE a few times, that even that doesn't match up to the Arcam overall although I would agree that the synergy with B&W 600 series speakers is better with NAD amplification than it is with Arcam. The Arcam likes more natural sounding speakers like Dali or Focal in my experience.

Happy Xmas to all here. Matthew I see you've acquired Dali 2s - what gives?

matthewpiano

manicm:
matthewpiano:You see, I feel the Arcam significantly betters the C326BEE (and I have owned one in the past). I also feel, after hearing the C355BEE a few times, that even that doesn't match up to the Arcam overall although I would agree that the synergy with B&W 600 series speakers is better with NAD amplification than it is with Arcam. The Arcam likes more natural sounding speakers like Dali or Focal in my experience.

Happy Xmas to all here. Matthew I see you've acquired Dali 2s - what gives?

I think they are fabulous speakers and work perfectly with the A18. They just pull me right into the music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts