Different brand surround speakers...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Now I know my AV receiver is out of it's depth a bit with my speakers - this will be addressed at a later date. However, my question is about rear speakers. My front three are now Vienna Acoustics (Mozart Grands and Waltz Grand centre). I'm looking to change my Monitor Audio R90s. Because of reviews and colour(!), I'm edging towards the Apex A10s in gloss White. Would these gel with my front three or should I finish the VA family? Any other suggestions??

A

Anonymous

if you've got your fronts connected to your moon amp, and that's connected to the pre-outs on your sony, then all the sony will be driving is the centre and rears. i'd say it's capable of doing that no problem..

A

Anonymous

Well in all honesty we all know the "left,right and centre" should be from the same manufacturer, in the ideal world. But with regard to the RL & RR speakers, its not to important,as in reality there is very little sound that comes from them,in a 5.1 setup.

So on that note you must not worry to much about them. Just buy some speake'sr you like and kind of suits the other's.

A

Anonymous

The only thing I would take into account is that I think the VA's are 4ohms, the MA apex are 8ohms, I'm not sure how the amp would handle this at high volumes. In my opinion the Silver RXFX or the gold GSFX both 6 ohms, may be a better match (certainly the quality GS).

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
reggaedave:
FOCAL..

http://www.audiot.co.uk/products/focal-chorus-706-v-510.aspx

Thanks for all the suggestions but I want white, discreet/stylish speakers that are of very good quality - hence the Apex choice.

I've had a read this morning and I don't think differing impedance should matter too much. I've read a few different arguments but one mentions that in a 5.1 system the amp powers discrete channels so each channel is in fact dealt with individually.

If Claire or Andrew are around today, perhaps they can give a view please?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts