Need experts help. Glass room with minx/q-acoustics

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone. This is my first post on the forum, although I do read it a lot. I'm not expert in this field but do enjoy listening to music or watching a movie on a decent setup. Currently I'm renovating a house in France which myself and the family will move to next year. I'm in the process of getting this room ready, wires in the walls etc. Now I'm currently running a full gale setup on a Yamaha amp. It's not amazing but its fine for my home in the uk. However I want to get something a little nicer visually and performances wise for France. I was interested in the Minx system but demo'd this in RS at the weekend and I'm just not sure if its going to fill the room enough. The room is 4x 9.5m. We will sit across the narrow dimension of that so the tv will be able 3m away. The ceilings are very high, its a pitched roof, all the wooden beams on show. The whole front of the room and one end is all glass so there is about 13m of glass (I'm sure not great for audio!). So I have the Yamaha Rx-673 for this new setup and I have a few options I've narrowed it down to. Op 1: 3 x minx 21 for fronts and centre, 4 x minx 11 for rears, minx x500 sub. (They sounded not too bad with the x500) Op 2: 2 x q acoustics 2050i floor standers, one minx 21 for Centre, 4 x minx 11 for rear. X300 sub as floor stander will compensate a bit I guess?? Op 3: As op 2 but q acoustic centre speaker All will be gloss white and due to room style this are the ones I've narrowed it down to. But I don't know will the floor standers work with the frequency on the ca sub? Will they overpower the surround speakers for movies? Is just the full ca setup better? But I'm worried room is big. Thanks everyone. Sam

A

Anonymous

And sorry about the grammar everyone. I'm on an iPhone and the 3G keeps cutting out so I was rushing it. Not been on a forum before as a member but know how everyone gets flamed for this stuff!!

A

Anonymous

I forgot to mention that the rear speakers will be behind and then up and behind from the beams of the ceiling.

blackflash52

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i'm looking seriously at the CA Minx's and all the advice on these forums and from RS is that the max size of the room should be 4 x 4m, so maybe your room is a tad large. Cant offer any advice on floor standers as my room is far too small to acommodate for them. They are very good, the minx's!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response. Do you have to take the total room size into consideration or as it will be one end we are at (when watching a film) 4x4 probably can I base it on this. Out of my options which one do you think would sound best? I've no doubt the q floor standers will be great but I don't know how they work with the huge frequency set subs (I don't hugely know what I'm speaking about here but I read somewhere the minx sub is very tailored just to those speakers). Is it possible for loud sounds from the front (floor standers) to out perform smaller rear speakers like the minx 11s??

blackflash52

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I would have thought if your listening area is 4x4 then it shouldn't be an issue, i have a 10m long through lounge, on e half for tv listening etc, rear used for diner. I've no experience or much knowledge on floorstanders, though i would think with the quality of the sub why bother with even more bass from the floorstanders. From having heard them, the minx's will do a fine job with the sub alone, surely anything alse added with them would just unbalance it all? Only guessing on that

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts