Dear What Hifi, I am confused by one of your reviews.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear What Hifi,

I am a little confused over your review of the Tannoy DC4.

In the AGAINST section you state " treble could sound clearer"

but in the review you state" Everything in the soundstage is positioned precisely, and high frequencies sound clear and open."

The title says " Thay may be small of stature but the Tannoys have a huge sonic heart"...

in the review "Try as they might, the DC4s just can’t summon the same level of bass weight and depth as their rivals."

Please don't take this post as a critisism in any way, it's just that I am considering an audition and purchase of these speakers. so if you could clear up these points I would be greatful.

yours Dave

Sorry for barging in but you could site many examples. It's easy to take things to literally: when the RX6 were reviewed they received a glowing 5 star verdict, but in the AGAINST section the said, paraphrasing slightly: " There are other speakers that organise the sound better..."

All it goes to prove is that no product is perfect, regardless of budget.

A

Anonymous

don't worry about barging in it's just there is distinct difference between

" treble could sound clearer"

" Everything in the soundstage is positioned precisely, and high frequencies sound clear and open."

D

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It is possible for something that is already clear to be clearer.

Also, WHF use a team to review equipment so there will be a number of opinions regarding different qualities (like treble clarity for instance).

If one reviewer felt the treble could be clearer, and another thought it was already clear, then whoever writes the final review may need to reflect such differences.

A

Anonymous

chebby:

It is possible for something that is already clear to be clearer.

Also, WHF use a team to review equipment so there will be a number of opinions regarding different qualities (like treble clarity for instance).

If one reviewer felt the treble could be clearer, and another thought it was already clear, then whoever writes the final review may need to reflect such differences.

Hi Chebby, of course it is possible for something that is all ready clear to be clearer!

May be if the team have differences over the sound of the speaker it should be mentioned in the review.

p.s. all I really want to know is if the treble sound from the speaker is clear or not. If as you say it was a mixture of views then this doesn't really make in any clearer for myself as possible choice to audition.

Have I made myself clear or could I be clearer?

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

Perhaps it would have been better for us to say 'treble could sound purer' in the Against section. The DC4 has a crisp treble with plenty of bite but it isn't as refined and transparent as the best of its rivals. I hope this clears things up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts