Dear Clare and WHFSAV help needed.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi'
My system is ATC SIA2-150 amp,Esoteric X05 cd,but haven't chosen any speakers.
I am trying to decide between the Wilson sq two's and Spendor A6.
I have listened to both and their both excellent,their around the same price they both look decent they both go well with my system.
Square two's they sound more airy,transparent,leaner,composed and refined.
Spendor's they are more richer,vocals more involving,detail,refined and warmer.
Basically i can't decide.
Which one of these would you choose if you had my system.
PS.just in case i have listened to the ATC 40's and i enjoyed both of the above more.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Why not flip a coin?

Seriously, if I really couldn't choose between two products after all that auditioning, it'd probably come down to something trival like which finish I preferred the look of.
emotion-3.gif

If that still didn't settle it, i'd probably plump for the Spendors as I listen to a lot of vocal-driven music. But your tastes may be very different...

A

Anonymous

burhan:Hi'
I have listened to both and their both excellent,their around the same price they both look decent they both go well with my system.
PS.just in case i have listened to the ATC 40's and i enjoyed both of the above more.

What a daft post,

if you can't decide what you prefer, how do you expect anyone else to know.........
emotion-3.gif

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
MENISCUS:

burhan:Hi' My system is ATC SIA2-150 amp,Esoteric X05 cd,but haven't chosen any speakers. I am trying to decide between the Wilson sq two's and Spendor A6. I have listened to both and their both excellent,their around the same price they both look decent they both go well with my system. Square two's they sound more airy,transparent,leaner,composed and refined. Spendor's they are more richer,vocals more involving,detail,refined and warmer. Basically i can't decide. Which one of these would you choose if you had my system. PS.just in case i have listened to the ATC 40's and i enjoyed both of the above more.

What a daft post,

if you can't decide what you prefer, how do you expect anyone else to know.........
emotion-3.gif

Bamm!!

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
MENISCUS:

burhan:Hi' My system is ATC SIA2-150 amp,Esoteric X05 cd,but haven't chosen any speakers. I am trying to decide between the Wilson sq two's and Spendor A6. I have listened to both and their both excellent,their around the same price they both look decent they both go well with my system. Square two's they sound more airy,transparent,leaner,composed and refined. Spendor's they are more richer,vocals more involving,detail,refined and warmer. Basically i can't decide. Which one of these would you choose if you had my system. PS.just in case i have listened to the ATC 40's and i enjoyed both of the above more.

What a daft post,

emotion-3.gif

Not daft. The OP asked a perfectly legitimate question - "Which one of these would you choose if you had my system[?]" Thousands of people have asked similar questions on this forum.

Dandy Warhols - Down Like Disco

link

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
MENISCUS:

What a daft post,

emotion-3.gif

very helpful indeed.

for the OP, i would go for the richer,vocals more involving,detail,refined and warmer sound but im not in WHFSV team lol

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Why not flip a coin?

Seriously, if I really couldn't choose between two products after all that auditioning, it'd probably come down to something trival like which finish I preferred the look of.
emotion-3.gif

If that still didn't settle it, i'd probably plump for the Spendors as I listen to a lot of vocal-driven music. But your tastes may be very different...

Thanks Clare,
can you get any of your other team members to suggest their choice please.

Sometimes it is as simple as 'gut feeling.' Remember you'll have to live with not just the sound but a product's looks, too. Which ones do you feel more comfortable listening to?

A

Anonymous

MENISCUS:

What a daft post,

emotion-3.gif

Oi! Everyone is entitled to ask a legitimate question. You have Spendors so could shed some light on their presentation etc.

SteveR750

burhan:Clare Newsome:
Why not flip a coin?

emotion-3.gif

Thanks Clare,
can you get any of your other team members to suggest their choice please.

Without wishing to diminish their experience, you would benefit also from soliciting as many forum members opinons also. After all there is no reason why journalists are any less prone to the same human foibles as the rest of us..
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

As others have said, you'll have to take the responsibility and make up your own mind. Trying to put the onus on WHF staff so you'll have a get-out in the future in case you make a poor choice isn't fair, and alienating other members of the forum by excluding them hardly wise.

Personally, since in the end you don't like either speaker enough, I' d do some more listening, this time to Harbeth, Sonus Faber and Kudos.

A

Anonymous

Graham_Thomas:MENISCUS:

What a daft post,

emotion-3.gif

Oi! Everyone is entitled to ask a legitimate question. You have Spendors so could shed some light on their presentation etc.

That is my point exactly, the OP has narrowed his choice down to 2 speakers and has demoed them both so he knows what they are like and clearly likes the sound of both.

So my point is if he likes both speakers why would you ask a complete stranger which of the 2 he should buy after all its he that has to listen to his set up, HI FI is such a personal thing and its what sounds good to you.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts