Day of reckoning

After many months of pondering my amp upgrade, I have decided to go the following route [I think]:

Bi-amp Arcam P80 to my A65 Plus (Approx £150.00 on ebay)

Exposure 2010s to replace my CD73T (£499.00)

My Pro-jct Xpression 1 and retro Marantz tuner 2060 ML These will be connected to my RS6's and will, I believe, give wonderful synergy and extra punch.

I have listened to a shed-load of amps over these past few months, some impressive, others not so. I know it sounds a bit of a cop out but I'm going the safe route.

Your thoughts please.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Sounds all good to me but IMO i thought that aiming for an Arcam CD192 would have been a better option over the Exposure.

The Arcams would marry so well and having heard the Exposure; IMO, the CD192 is a lot better.

Big Chris:I know cosmetics shouldn't enter into it, but what about upgrading your 73 to a 192? That way you get to keep the Arcam synergy.

Yeah, I understand the logic BC but I think that the CD192 might be a bit too lively for the RS's. As far as aesthetics go, I'm not really that fussed about looks. The Cyrus and Musical Fidelity as the exeption.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Nope; from what i've heard and numerous demos; the Arcam CDP and amp will marry well with the RS6's.

The CD192; once fully run in, will sound superb and offer great clarity as well as a superb all round soundstage and good; well paced and deep bass.

d_a_n1979:Nope; from what i've heard and numerous demos; the Arcam CDP and amp will marry well with the RS6's. The CD192; once fully run in, will sound superb and offer great clarity as well as a superb all round soundstage and good; well paced and deep bass.

emotion-2.gif
All these positives waves, perhaps my thoughts are misjudged [doesn't really surprise me] and maybe I should search out & see whether there are any new bargains going.

Thanks d_a_n & Chris.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts