damaged speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can possibly get a really good pair of speakers for dirt cheap on ebay, ... speakers are located approx 3 miles from my home ...

however, the midrange drivers dust caps have been 'poked in' by the owner's child ... how does this affect the sound? ... and how easy is it to repair (I have read somewhere that you can sort this with a hoover) ...

I know I can get them replaced by a repair shop (such as wembley speakers), but these speakers are large and will be a hassle to cart all the way to London then back

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
You dont say what the speakers are, but couldn't you fit new mid range units yourself? They are possibly just screwed on to the front panel and will have a couple of soldered connections. A friend needed to repair the old A&R A60 I sold him and A&R sent him a new capacitor in the post, so I imagine a decent manafacturer will send you need drivers.

A

Anonymous

thanks hammill ... these are Jamo D365 Loud Speakers with 15 inch bass drivers ... these are old, so I presume that obtaining replacement drivers will be costly ...

I might pass on these, as even if they sound ok, it will still bother me as I will know that they are not 100% perfect

A

Anonymous

usually a hoover or some careful work with a safety pin does the trick

if its just the dustcaps you probably wouldnt hear any difference in the sound

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts