Compact bluray player?

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Do oyu know any compact BD players? I do not mean slim but full-width ones (these all seem to be similar in size) but someting really compact like half-width or disc-width or portable ones? As long as it has IR remote an dHDMI out and maybe analog stereo out and quite (low noise)?

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Professor!

Checking the links most of them are portables with screens and the only one without has only usb interface and has a lid-type tray opening up.

I was thinking of a compact one (as opposed to portable, although a screenless portable could as well fit) with tray sliding out as usual. Like the compact dvd players available e.g teac micro range and others.

Any you know?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a google around for this yesterday - interesting question. There are lots and lots of compact drives which are effectively external computer drives. They seem to only have USB outs and no remote. Would be interesting if someone could find something else.

Is this for you? If the mac mini doesn't play blu rays could you not use one of these external drives through the mac mini?

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
This must be it: Samsung BD-D7000 - definitely the smallest stand-alone BD player I have seen, and quite a versatile one at that:

http://reviews.cnet.com/blu-ray-players-recorders/samsung-bd-d7000/4505-9991_7-34468899.html

Not cheap though - around 200 quid.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
If the mac mini doesn't play blu rays could you not use one of these external drives through the mac mini?

Good idea. Thank you. I have not thought of that. But (assuming I get hd video via dvi-hdmi to tv) how do I get hd sound to the receiver?

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Mr. Iceman said:
This must be it: Samsung BD-D7000 - definitely the smallest stand-alone BD player I have seen, and quite a versatile one at that: http://reviews.cnet.com/blu-ray-players-recorders/samsung-bd-d7000/4505-9991_7-34468899.html Not cheap though - around 200 quid.

Brilliant, Mr Iceman!

abt 100 quid would be better but it does fit the bill exactly!

Cannot figure out - how does it load the disc? The description says 'slot in' type but I cannot see any slots...

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Was also going to suggest rather compact Playstation 3 (slim) which gives you a great media hub as well as an excellent gaming system but you can't quite call PS3 quiet and it may well not fit where you intend it to...

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Mr Iceman. I was just googling it and found that

ae4254a34f2dcba4915353d802d5b8c447be3041.jpg

limits it to 'only on top' position though. i.e cannot put anything on top of it e.g. a hard disc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts