Clearaudio Concept MM cart on Rega p3-24

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin said:
I think it's the same Aurum cart as my Classic wood. Should be a fine upgrade to the standard Rega jobbie. My Rega dealer, when trying to sell the virtues of the RP6, said my cart is a good replacement for the Exact cartridge.

Cheers I took the plunge 40mins ago and ordered one got it for £135 so good price.

andybeau said:
plastic penguin said:
I think it's the same Aurum cart as my Classic wood. Should be a fine upgrade to the standard Rega jobbie. My Rega dealer, when trying to sell the virtues of the RP6, said my cart is a good replacement for the Exact cartridge.

Cheers I took the plunge 40mins ago and ordered one got it for £135 so good price.

Good stuff. Was that the Aurum or Classic Wood version?

A

Anonymous

quote=plastic penguin]

andybeau said:
plastic penguin said:

Good stuff. Was that the Aurum or Classic Wood version?

[/quote]

The Concept MM

A

Anonymous

Quote from a review

'The Concept MM features an aluminum body and is a high output moving magnet cartridge based on Clearaudio's popular Aurum Wood Classic mkII. Its sound is both musical and inviting, with classic moving magnet warmth and body.'

Tried to post picture but keep being told I'm a spammer, better than spanner I suppose, but still a bit personal

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
andybeau said:
Tried to post picture but keep being told I'm a spammer, better than spanner I suppose, but still a bit personal

1328725475.jpg

http://www.clearaudio.de/_en/tan_Concept%20V2.php

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
jcarruthers said:
It would look stunning on a white Rega :)

Well it has turned my head, Audio Affair are doing them for £135

Never fittted/aligned a cart before - but am confident - what protractor should I use as I am really tempted now for £135, I should get £100 for my Exact!

A

Anonymous

stevebrock said:
jcarruthers said:
It would look stunning on a white Rega :)

Well it has turned my head, Audio Affair are doing them for £135

Never fittted/aligned a cart before - but am confident - what protractor should I use as I am really tempted now for £135, I should get £100 for my Exact!

I use the Rega Stevenson Arc Protractor available from vinylengine

And yes it will need the arm raising, I've ordered one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231009450321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
only a few left at Audio Affair now at that bargain price, factor in the cost of the VTA adjuster and it could be a relatively cheap upgrade!

Do come back and let us know how fitting/aligning went and importantly what improvements over the Elys 2 you find

I did try and look for a replacment stylus for it but was unable too

A

Anonymous

Hi all it did turn up yesterday but it was to hot for me to be dealing with.

Anyway just fitted it this morning along with the Rega 3point VTA adjuster.

Nice and easy to do. Used the Stevensons arc to set and listening to it now.

I'm impressed straight off it sounds good, no worse than the Elys and this is new,

actually as good as if not better. Hopefully with playing it will bed in nicely.

9283772768_b65c137772_o.jpg

9283741770_6b2e39a930_o.jpg

A

Anonymous

Just waiting for replacement counterbalance to turn up now and can use lid again

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Excellent Andy,

The only thing that I worry about is disconnecting the connections from the Exact - worried that I might snap them.

I still dont know if I should go for it as nothing wrong with my Exact but I like the option that you can replace the stylus on the Concept - is that right Andy?

TRENDING THREADS