Rega P6 picks up radio signal and hum

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Same crap is happening on my system (with McIntosh MA12000). The hum reduces as the turntable (P6) is further away from the amp, but I cannot put it so far away because these attached cables are short. I cannot even replace the cables (truly idiotic design). Plus, as the turntable itself is picking up the hum, I am not sure how far out it should be from the amp. I am using a rack from SolidSteel, and I do not want to keep adding the stack to secure enough distance. It is not cheap. Well, I am ditching the turntable and won't be coming near to anything stupid Rega. Never again (and I hope others learn from this before throwing money out of the window).
I’ve read similar in the last few months. Unfortunately, McIntosh seem renowned for amps giving off too much RF or EMI or whatever it is. I think the problem I read was with a Linn owner, so it’s more a Mac issue than Rega here. Not to defend Rega’s less than stellar reputation for hum, but fair is fair.

I’ve read similar in the last few months. Unfortunately, McIntosh seem renowned for amps giving off too much RF or EMI or whatever it is. I think the problem I read was with a Linn owner, so it’s more a Mac issue than Rega here. Not to defend Rega’s less than stellar reputation for hum, but fair is fair.
Found it. The eventual issue was a duff cartridge. But the McIntosh issues were significant.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts