Chord Chorus 2 Vs. Tellurium Q Ultra Black RCA cabel

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
BigColz said:
So I tried my studio 115's and then response d two's with my epic.. Responses are simply amazing.. Still felt the top end was a tad too hissy on certain tracks but had been toned down quite significantly.. Then I put the TQ's on. Initially is sounded thinner in the bass and less controlled all round.. Don't get me wrong or still sounded fantastic but I think it was just slightly different sound. The frequency range seemed more even though. I then left it running at pretty low volume for probably 5 or 6 hours and came back too it. Now it sounds a whole different league.. All the tracks I'd noticed the hiss on certain vocals had completely gone (I'd had a few drinks so will need to test more) the sound was warm and engaging with flowing detail and everything just sounded 'right'... After a while I played a song then the same song on my studio's. Again had almost completely got rid of the hiss ehich is crazy as it was very noticeable before and seemed more accurate in the mids. Actually sounded a lot tighter because the speakers are in corners it boomed less with the smaller cab, bass was noticeably less but prob suited this room better. Treble was good, so so much better than with epics. Didnt sound forced or harsh, was warm but natural and sweet.. The speaker sounded much better controlled.. So far I am extremely impressed and I know there are arguments about cable 'burning in' so it might improve or my ears may just adjust to it.. Either way it was very noticeable after that 5-6 hours playing.. Ill report more after a few more tests :cheers:

Glad you liked them too . I think the TQ balck present the music ecxactly as it should be : neutral and accurate without any exaggeration or

concealing .

I was a bit worried at first but after they settled I was very very impressed.. That's exactly how I'd describe them. Very natural sounding and finally my kit sounds as balanced and gorgeous as it should do. I know a lot of hifi guys want tons of detail but for me, with my taste in music (with a lot of badly recorded music) it's a perfect balance. If anyone us in the market for £1500+ standmounts i'd say having the response D Twos on your demo list is essential.. Absolutely beautiful. Ill report back when I've done more listening :cheers:

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:
I just bought the TQ black speaker cable.. May win matching I/Cs in a couple hours though. Seems so far so good :cheer:

They also do a very nice Blue P/C, which won HFW best power cable in their recent awards!
evil.png

Haha cheers Cno.. I'm sure it's great but I strongly believe in the theory of relativity ;) I can't justify spending the same on one power cable than on I/C S/C and jumper cable combined. I'm yet to try the Russ Andrews power cable. Something for the week I think

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
:read:
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:
May win matching I/Cs in a couple hours though. Seems so far so good :cheer:

Did you get them?

I got mixed up its Sunday 6pm not Saturday.. :doh:

Well somebody got them.....was it you?

Naa not me. In a way I wanted them, in a (sensible) way I didn't.. Got a lot on my financial plate this month plus would like to let the cables settle and do more tests before trying I/Cs.. Got the speakers till next weekend do ill enjoy them before justifying that purchase ;)

A

Anonymous

The new Tellurium Q patented "Waveform" (patent applied for in UK, number:1223346.6) digital cable has already sold out after only two weeks.
And a new speaker cable which is placed above the Tellurium Q "Graphite" is now in production it has been named Tellurium Q "Black Diamond"We have had good feed back on both from customers here and abroad using either "Tube Technology" and "Solid State".The speaker cable range is:- Blue, Black, Green, Ultra Black, Graphite, Black Diamond. All except Blue must be factory terminated.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Just received today my TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels first the sound was somehow odd and inconsistent but after an hour the sound

was amazing : spacious , rich and detailed . this cabels are very neutral and completely natural . it is a big improvement comapre my old Chord Carnival SilverScreen cabels .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Hi

Just received today my TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels first the sound was somehow odd and inconsistent but after an hour the sound was amazing : spacious , rich and detailed . this cabels are very neutral and completely natural . it is a big improvement comapre my old Chord Carnival SilverScreen cabels .

I'm glad you are happy with your choice.

antskip

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Hi -Just received today my TELLURIUM Q BLACK speaker cabels first the sound was somehow odd and inconsistent but after an hour the sound

was amazing : spacious , rich and detailed . this cabels are very neutral and completely natural . it is a big improvement comapre my old Chord Carnival SilverScreen cabels .

Congratulations on your purchase! I found the TQ Blacks really do need some serious settling-in time. If they sound good so early, they must like your system, and they will get much better yet as time goes by, so you are in for a treat! I found them amazingly transparent/neutral, and give wonderful detail.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
After 2 weeks of using the TELLURIUM Q BLACK I found out that : first , the system might be toם revealing : poor recording productions are obvious imedietly so many CDs can not be heard anymore ,in the contrary when the recording productions are good the sound is stunning .

Second , this cables are revealing immediately a weakness in the system chain it became obvious that my Mission MX5 speakers are not good speakers enuogh (too restrained and poor in revealing details) I am replacing them for the PROAC 140 MK2 .

Before buying this cables you have to take into consideration that the TELLURIUM Q BLACK are merciless with poor recordings and weak components in your hi fi system . be aware !

antskip

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Before buying this cables you have to take into consideration that the TELLURIUM Q BLACK are merciless with poor recordings and weak components in your hi fi system . be aware !

I had a similar experience, and replaced/upgraded TQ Blacks with/to TQ Greens. Given the right hardware and sources the Blacks are brilliant. The Greens add the ability to deal with imperfection as well as the perfect - and have added depth and musicality. I found the extra cost completely worth it.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
After 2 weeks of using the TELLURIUM Q BLACK I found out that : first , the system might be toם revealing : poor recording productions are obvious imedietly so many CDs can not be heard anymore ,in the contrary when the recording productions are good the sound is stunning .

Second , this cables are revealing immediately a weakness in the system chain it became obvious that my Mission MX5 speakers are not good speakers enuogh (too restrained and poor in revealing details) I am replacing them for the PROAC 140 MK2 .

Expensive cables then.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
antskip said:
I had a similar experience, and replaced/upgraded TQ Blacks with/to TQ Greens. Given the right hardware and sources the Blacks are brilliant. The Greens add the ability to deal with imperfection as well as the perfect - and have added depth and musicality. I found the extra cost completely worth it.

IMO. This is good advice.

In my response on the 2nd post of this thread, I noted that they "wouldn't hide a problem"..........The Green are more forgiving.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Should have bought the Slee Spatias and save £100 + more on needing new kit .... all the benefits, none of the side effects - great cable

antskip

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
..........The Green are more forgiving.

The cheaper TQ Blues are said to be more tolerant as well, so from Blacks you can go up to Green or down to Blues. I imagine if your system or recordings have no weak points, Blacks also will truthfully reflect that - indeed, they will be brilliant! But the Greens give such a beautiful sound with everything - old system, new; old recordings, new.

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
[UNPUBLISHED - House Rules]Might get in trouble for this but i'm selling my TQ Blacks 2m terminated for £150 and my Chord Epics 3m (one end is bare wire) for £170 if anyones interested contact me on gocolesygo@hotmail.com (Just saving people from e(vil)Bay)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
antskip said:
CnoEvil said:

The cheaper TQ Blues are said to be more tolerant as well, so from Blacks you can go up to Green or down to Blues. I imagine if your system or recordings have no weak points, Blacks also will truthfully reflect that - indeed, they will be brilliant! But the Greens give such a beautiful sound with everything - old system, new; old recordings, new.

IMO. That is correct, as the Blue and Green were made as the more "palatable" sweeter versions, ie.compared to the Black and Ultra Black.

CnoEvil said:
antskip said:
CnoEvil said:

IMO. That is correct, as the Blue and Green were made as the more "palatable" sweeter versions, ie.compared to the Black and Ultra Black.

Now I'm really confused (not difficult, I know). So the Blacks are less benevolent than the Blues or Greens? So... thinking out the logic whilst typing... to have the Blacks you'll need an ideally balanced system, whereas a less than balance kit is better suited to the Blues and Greens?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Now I'm really confused (not difficult, I know). So the Blacks are less benevolent than the Blues or Greens? So... thinking out the logic whilst typing... to have the Blacks you'll need an ideally balanced system, whereas a less than balance kit is better suited to the Blues and Greens?

Hi PP

The Black and Ultra Black are very truthful cables which will not hide any imbalance / character in your system, or poor qualities in the recording......because of this, TQ have a sweeter option ie The Blue is the cheaper "easier on the ear" option to the Black; and the Green has the same relationship to the Ultra Black (cheaper and sweeter).

So price/performance wise it goes Blue -> Black -> Green -> Ultra Black.

Your logic is correct, provided you believe that cables have an effect.......as always, it is down to personal preference ie. Those who like a "warts and all" sound vs those who don't. I believe cables need to be considered as part of the balance of a system, though they (usually) have less impact than other components, speaker positioning and room acoustics.

IMO. Quite a lot of SS components are a little hard and sterile sounding, so very accurate cables and indeed speakers will completely reveal this.....whether this is a good or bad thing will depend on each individual.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
BigColz said:
Might get in trouble for this but i'm selling my TQ Blacks 2m terminated for £150 and my Chord Epics 3m (one end is bare wire) for £170 if anyones interested contact me on gocolesygo@hotmail.com (Just saving people from e(vil)Bay)

Look overpriced I can get them new for just over £100.

CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:

Hi PP

The Black and Ultra Black are very truthful cables which will not hide any imbalance / character in your system, or poor qualities in the recording......because of this, TQ have a sweeter option ie The Blue is the cheaper "easier on the ear" option to the Black; and the Green has the same relationship to the Ultra Black (cheaper and sweeter).

So price/performance wise it goes Blue -> Black -> Green -> Ultra Black.

Your logic is correct, provided you believe that cables have an effect.......as always, it is down to personal preference ie. Those who like a "warts and all" sound vs those who don't. I believe cables need to be considered as part of the balance of a system, though they (usually) have less impact than other components, speaker positioning and room acoustics.

IMO. Quite a lot of SS components are a little hard and sterile sounding, so very accurate cables and indeed speakers will completely reveal this.....whether this is a good or bad thing will depend on each individual.

I can sort of understand entry-level cable being more benevolent or less revealing of systems not demonstrating a certain equilibrium, but usually the further you go up the ladder the more temperamental cables are then that's when one has to choose or be more choosey of cables. Probably haven't conveyed that very well... you know what I mean... I hope. :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
I can sort of understand entry-level cable being more benevolent or less revealing of systems not demonstrating a certain equilibrium, but usually the further you go up the ladder the more temperamental cables are then that's when one has to choose or be more choosey of cables. Probably haven't conveyed that very well... you know what I mean... I hope. :)

I think I know what you are getting at; and I find it hard to explain myself. When I say an expensive cable is sweeter, it doesn't mean it sounds like a cheap cable and is hiding a lot of detail..........in the same way as you can have 2 expensive amps, that are both very good, but sound very different.

BronC

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
What I found was that with TQ black & Ultrablack I noticed the bad bits more than the good bits. With Blue and Green I noticed the good bits more than the bad.

Pint half empty or half full??

Analytic v Musical ??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts