Chord Chorus 2 Vs. Tellurium Q Ultra Black RCA cabel

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi isac69,its good that you had great results with your new cable,i heard it a my local hifi store,it really is a quality cable.i always found that new cablesey inprove over time.cheers david

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Thank you; though everyone thinks we are both certifiable. :twisted:
No, no, no, not at all, not certifiable, no. Eccentric, certainly, loonie-tunes, maybe, but not certifiable.

Yet.
wink.gif

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Just bought two TELLURIUM Q ULTRA BLACK RCA cabels since I am upgrading soon my Roksan to Rotel RB1582/RC1580 pre/power combo .

The ULTRA BLACK is much better than my Chord Chorus2 I had ; the sound stage is natural and spacious , much more detailes . A true

audiophile performance . :dance:

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
After using the Tellurium Q Ultra Black RCA cabel for a week My conclusion about the Chord Chrous 2 is that it is an excellent cabel , very detailed and transparent but since it based on silver made materials the sounds performance overall become not harmonic enough , stress high frequencies and lows are somehow too soft . I think it can be a good match on speakers with warm or over bass presntation .

garyw77

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Just moved to Tellurium Q Black Speaker cable and interconnects from Audioquest Columbia and Rocket 88 and prefer the sound much more.

Opened the speakers up more, more detail and natural sounding.

Not knocking Audioquest cables, had them for years, all sorts, and love their sound. But in this case the Tellurium Q Black cables beat them hands down for the money IMO. Well pleased.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
garyw77 said:
Just moved to Tellurium Q Black Speaker cable and interconnects from Audioquest Columbia and Rocket 88 and prefer the sound much more.

Opened the speakers up more, more detail and natural sounding.

Not knocking Audioquest cables, had them for years, all sorts, and love their sound. But in this case the Tellurium Q Black cables beat them hands down for the money IMO. Well pleased.

I

TLHTOTA

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
After using the Tellurium Q Ultra Black RCA cabel for a week My conclusion about the Chord Chrous 2 is that it is an excellent cabel , very detailed and transparent but since it based on silver made materials the sounds performance overall become not harmonic enough , stress high frequencies and lows are somehow too soft . I think it can be a good match on speakers with warm or over bass presntation .

Today I did a blind test of sorts without meaning to. I had brought my AVR600 over to the dealer to get the 3D board fitted. While there, I had it connected up to a Linn Sneaky DSM and some R100s.

The sound had a hard glassy bite to it that was unpleasant, but I put it down to the equipment being cold. Half an hour later it was no better. We then put in the LS50s which were more natural, but still there was a hardness there. This was puzzling, as none of this kit should have sounded like this.

Over an hour later, there was not much improvement, so I asked the dealer what s/c cable was being used......he replied that it was the good install (copper) bi-wire that I have used before, so not the problem.

Anyway, as a long shot I checked the i/c, which to my amazement, was an Atlas Voyager. I had not expected this, as he always uses Linn Blacks or Silver, and isn't an Atlas dealer.

Now a couple of years ago, I bought an Atlas Voyager off ebay and hated it, as it made the music sound hard and glassy. I then traded it in with Lyric. A few days ago he had a customer who asked for a cable that was less smooth than the Linn Blacks and he dug out this one (which was probably mine). Since it was kicking about the dem room, he used it to connect the system (while I was out getting a coffee).

As soon as I spotted this, I had him replace it with some Blacks......and the sound I had become accustomed to returned.

There are 3 explanations for this:

- The cables sound different.

- The Atlas was faulty in some way.

- Coincidence.

Make of that what you will......and I'm not claiming it as proof of anything.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BenLaw said:
You really think those are the only three explanations? (I thought you proclaimed yourself as open minded.)

I have had three long demos with Linn DS and LS50 / R Series with no issues whatsoever. Then the one time a different i/c is used without me knowing, I (eventually) picked up on it.......and it just so happens that it is the same interconnect that previously had the same effect. Coincidence....possibly.

Since I thought he had used Linn Blacks, it wasn't expectation bias, to start with anyway. You could argue that it was expectation bias after the cable was replaced.......but that doesn't explain why I heard it sound wrong and went looking in the first place.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
ISAC69 said:

Today I did a blind test of sorts without meaning to. I had brought my AVR600 over to the dealer to get the 3D board fitted. While there, I had it connected up to a Linn Sneaky DSM and some R100s.

The sound had a hard glassy bite to it that was unpleasant, but I put it down to the equipment being cold. Half an hour later it was no better. We then put in the LS50s which were more natural, but still there was a hardness there. This was puzzling, as none of this kit should have sounded like this.

Over an hour later, there was not much improvement, so I asked the dealer what s/c cable was being used......he replied that it was the good install (copper) bi-wire that I have used before, so not the problem.

Anyway, as a long shot I checked the i/c, which to my amazement, was an Atlas Voyager. I had not expected this, as he always uses Linn Blacks or Silver, and isn't an Atlas dealer.

Now a couple of years ago, I bought an Atlas Voyager off ebay and hated it, as it made the music sound hard and glassy. I then traded it in with Lyric. A few days ago he had a customer who asked for a cable that was less smooth than the Linn Blacks and he dug out this one (which was probably mine). Since it was kicking about the dem room, he used it to connect the system (while I was out getting a coffee).

As soon as I spotted this, I had him replace it with some Blacks......and the sound I had become accustomed to returned.

- Coincidence.

Hi CnoEvil ,

That improves that cabels are very important in the Hi FI system chain . Not appropriate cabels or cheap ones can make a negative effect on the sound .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Hi CnoEvil ,

That improves that cabels are very important in the Hi FI system chain . Not appropriate cabels or cheap ones can make a negative effect on the sound .

I certainly wouldn't argue that it's absolute proof, but imo it is somewhat interesting.

ISAC69 said:
CnoEvil said:
ISAC69 said:

- Coincidence.

Hi CnoEvil ,

I think you need to tread a little carefully. I do believe that cables DO make a difference but, like most things, it's a sound your most accustomed to rather than a superior sound difference. Some may interpret your posts as cables being more important than your electronics and speakers.

One long-term poster, who I've great respect, came on here sometime ago and stated that inferior cables wrecked the timing of his kit. In the 30-odd years I've listened to allsorts of set-ups and a number of different cables, whether good or bad timing, was never a main issue. The whole statement didn't hang together.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
ISAC69 said:
CnoEvil said:
ISAC69 said:

- Coincidence.

Hi CnoEvil ,

I think you need to tread a little carefully. I do believe that cables DO make a difference but, like most things, it's a sound your most accustomed to rather than a superior sound difference. Some may interpret your posts as cables being more important than your electronics and speakers.

One long-term poster, who I've great respect, came on here sometime ago and stated that inferior cables wrecked the timing of his kit. In the 30-odd years I've listened to allsorts of set-ups and a number of different cables, whether good or bad timing, was never a main issue. The whole statement didn't hang together.

No one meant that cables being more important than your electronics and speakers , But they are very important on every Hi Fi system .

T

the record spot

Price is irrelevant really Isac; so focusing on cheap is neither here nor there. I have £8 interconnects and £200+ interconnects and the difference between them is a hair's breadth from an audible perspective.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts