Chord Chorus 2 Vs. Tellurium Q Ultra Black RCA cabel

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
I haven't, but I know they are very highly rated. I also know that people who rate them highly have been very impressed with these http://www.gspaudio.co.uk/spatia-speaker-cable.htm

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have heard it, and imo it's a great choice. It's fast, detailed, clean and musical, with great bass. It won't hide a problem, but shouldn't exagerate it.

Can you borrow some to try, as I think you will be impressed.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
If you like them you may want to consider Graham Slee Spatia - I was invoilved a little bit in their testing and they apparently are similar/ as good as Telerium Q black but about £100 cheaper.

That information came from one of the proper testers- he owns TQ Black. They will also let you do a free home demo so you can try them out first - its def best to do that where you can I think - home demo is a real luxury. You can get a home dem of TQ Black as well but you have to buy them upfront.

I am not saying this because I have the cables, but because of the information given to me by one of the testers - no bias here

Graham Spatia is seriously good cable, if you like a detailed sound with no hasrhness at all and just space around everything you listen to - here is a link to a thread from his website where people have borrowed them and fed back what they think

http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/spatia-impressions_topic1614.html?SID=2131985a331b93fzd9b729az72b938746180556

Here is a link to my review of them when I got them on home demo.

http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/spatia-speaker-cable-and-spatia-links-review_topic1625.html

I have no affiliation to the company, I just appreciated being involved in the testing and the service from them is personal which is rare nowdays so I feel its right to pass on this info to help them and fellow enthusiasts get great kit / sound

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
You can get a home dem of TQ Black as well but you have to buy them upfront.

That is not always the case. My local dealer has demo sets that he will lend out. I also suspect Alex and Rob will not be doing so either, if their dem happens as planned.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
ellisdj said:
You can get a home dem of TQ Black as well but you have to buy them upfront.

That is not always the case. My local dealer has demo sets that he will lend out. I also suspect Alex and Rob will not be doing so either, if their dem happens as planned.

Sorry Cno - I called a dealer asking for a dem set, but had to but them on 30 day return - I thought that was just policy

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Sorry Cno - I called a dealer asking for a dem set, but had to but them on 30 day return - I thought that was just policy

Nothing to be sorry for.

There is no doubt that if you rung out of the blue, to a dealer who didn't know you from Adam, you would have to pay for them.

Rob, Alex and myself are known only too well by our local dealers! :twisted:

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Where do you live and who is the dealer ??

I have a great Meridian dealer ij Audio Images but its up north, I am down south. I could really do with a good dealer who is fairly local as well, not neccessarily a Meridian dealer (doesnt matter if is)

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
ellisdj said:

Nothing to be sorry for.

There is no doubt that if you rung out of the blue, to a dealer who didn't know you from Adam, you would have to pay for them.

Rob, Alex and myself are known only too well by our local dealers! :twisted:

Indeed, we got ultra black speaker cables and graphite speaker cable with interconnects for an home demo.

They are indeed very good...

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:
Indeed, we got ultra black speaker cables and graphite speaker cable with interconnects for an home demo.

They are indeed very good...

So there you are....now spill!

Very nice cable in terms of construction. We actually took the whole let and went to visit Francis for a nice afternoon of music and wine. Then took the all stuff to robs place, rapidly connected the graphite to the AMS, listened for 15 min and left for dinner. So not time yet for proper listening.

First impression is a great transparency and a looooot of details...is this our new reference? Too early to say...

Alex

Triggy

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
I changed from Chord Epic to Tellurium Q Black speaker cable in November 2011.

They provide an open, clean sound with a controlled bass. Soundstage is very good too!

Prior to getting the Epic, I demoed Chord Carnival Silver Screen and found them extremely detailed but so fatiguing, went for the Epic.

The TQ Black, I'm my opinion, are well ahead of the very good Epic.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a home demo (free btw) from Audio Destination in Devon of the TQ black SC's and jumper cables and for me, in my system, I could not hear any improvement on what I already have... really wanted to like them, as superbly made.

Mac

A

Anonymous

I had carnical silverscreen then epic then Tq black.

for me and my gf Tq is the best, not harsh on highs like chords (bad room acoustic unfortunately) and more dynamical sound. worth the money.

Triggy

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
drummerman said:
What materials does the company use for its core, insulators and jackets?

Tellurium have not, and I guess will not, reveal the materials.

They have responded to this question and this link takes you to their home page.

http://www.telluriumq.com/index.html

Bottom of home page is a link to their response.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

My dealer told me that TELLURIUM Q BLACK is much better than the Chord Epic ( currently I use the Chord Carnival silverscreen which is pretty good) I am in a middle process of upgrading my system and the best results were when I tried the combination of :

ROTEL CD1520 ( CDP) - Chord Chrus2 ( main cabel)- Proac Studio 140 MK2 (speakers) - Storm Audio V55 VERTIGO ( amp) -Tellurium Q Black (speaker cabels )

- the sound was superb . I already bought the Rotel CD and the Chord Chrus2 .

the speakers and the Tellurium cabels will be bought soon . I am glad that other peoples in the forum are sharing my good impression of the Tellurium cabels .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Hi

My dealer told me that TELLURIUM Q BLACK is much better than the Chord Epic ( currently I use the Chord Carnival silverscreen which is pretty good) I am in a middle process of upgrading my system and the best results were when I tried the combination of :

ROTEL CD1520 ( CDP) - Chord Chrus2 ( main cabel)- Proac Studio 140 MK2 (speakers) - Storm Audio V55 VERTIGO ( amp) -Tellurium Q Black (speaker cabels )

- the sound was superb . I already bought the Rotel CD and the Chord Chrus2 .

the speakers and the Tellurium cabels will be bought soon . I am glad that other peoples in the forum are sharing my good impression of the Tellurium cabels .

Glad you liked them.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Triggy said:
drummerman said:

They have responded to this question and this link takes you to their home page.

Thank you. I saw the link.

I do wonder what materials they use and in what configuration ... There is not much that hasn't been exploited in passive cable technology already.

regards

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Triggy said:
drummerman said:

Thank you. I saw the link.

I do wonder what materials they use and in what configuration ... There is not much that hasn't been exploited in passive cable technology already but Tellurium say theirs is functioning differently. - Phase integrity is, as far as I understand, more a result of amplifier design than cables. Most modern amplifiers will have no problem with most cables used, regardless of construction.

They also use spaced conductors and seem to be un-shielded both of which would probably have a greater effect on SQ than any phase distortion a reasonably specified cable could introduce. - All in my limited knowledge of course.

I am in no way saying they are not good cables. Just interested in what makes them special.

regards

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
So I've been procrastonating for some time over these cab;es... Then some popped up on the bay for £150 so snapped them up.. Should have them fitted by the weekend so i'll let you know my findings :grin:

Wondering if anyone has any interconnects they recommend to go with these cables or just some of you favorites around the £200 mark (new or second hand) I was thinking of getting the matching blacks.. I auditioned some chorus reference and must say I was impressed but the speaker cable was cheap so could want a more laid back I/C to smooth things slightly.. Either way i'll post how I get on :cheers:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigColz said:
So I've been procrastonating for some time over these cab;es... Then some popped up on the bay for £150 so snapped them up.. Should have them fitted by the weekend so i'll let you know my findings :grin:

Wondering if anyone has any interconnects they recommend to go with these cables or just some of you favorites around the £200 mark (new or second hand) I was thinking of getting the matching blacks.. I auditioned some chorus reference and must say I was impressed but the speaker cable was cheap so could want a more laid back I/C to smooth things slightly.. Either way i'll post how I get on :cheers:

My advice would be to let the TQ Black settle in your system.....if you think it's a good improvement, go for the TQ Black i/c or maybe the Blue i/c.

IMO. Another good choice is the Linn Silver (all copper), which can be picked up on ebay for around £120 - 130, or new for £179: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linn-Silver-Phono-Interconnects-Latest-2012-Klimax-/221044737908

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts