Chord Chorus 2 Vs. Tellurium Q Ultra Black RCA cabel

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
acalex said:
BigH said:
I think spending £2K on cables in a system that costs under £3K is crazy but each to their own.

Which system costs 3k?

The OP's system seems to be under £3K.

The OP is looking to buy Black cables which are way less expensive than Ultra Black and Graphite.

From Tellurium Q there are Blue, Black, Ultra Black and Graphite. The 2k EUR cables are the Graphite ones (for 2x2mt)

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
davidpr said:
BigH said:
I think spending £2K on cables in a system that costs under £3K is crazy but each to their own.

Spending £200 on cables is crazy!

I tought 7.5K for anmp is crazy...I tought 4k on a TT is crazy...I tought 15k on speakers is crazy but I did it anyway

I still think spending 1k on cables or more is crazy, but I will more than provably do it.....so that means I'm provably crazy :rofl:

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Roby said:
davidpr said:
BigH said:

I tought 7.5K for anmp is crazy...I tought 4k on a TT is crazy...I tought 15k on speakers is crazy but I did it anyway

I still think spending 1k on cables or more is crazy, but I will more than provably do it.....so that means I'm provably crazy :rofl:

I'm worried about spending 10-12k on a M3 (car) and you spent more on speakers??!! You probably are crazy (I would if I had the cash) :cheers:

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
BigColz said:
Roby said:
davidpr said:
BigH said:

I'm worried about spending 10-12k on a M3 (car) and you spent more on speakers??!! You probably are crazy (I would if I had the cash) :cheers:

Luxery living in Belgium lot of people have compagny cars like my self

So I can spend the Carbudget on HIFI :cheers:

(btw I put full retail price I never pied that ex speakers where 50% of ex demo but I still think it's crazy) ;-)

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
BigColz said:
Roby said:
davidpr said:
BigH said:

Points of view of course. Why you think (if you think so) spending on car is "justified" than spending the same amount on hi-fi? :)

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
acalex said:
BigColz said:
Roby said:
davidpr said:
BigH said:

Points of view of course. Why you think (if you think so) spending on car is "justified" than spending the same amount on hi-fi? :)

Because I NEED a car to get around and to work! ;) I got all mine knocked down, ex dem, 2nd hand or trade too and still more than most would spend on a car :) I don't think it's crazy at all.. I'm only 27 i'm sure i'll spend that in years to come when I have a room big enough to justify it! :cheers:

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

In my opinion it should be a resonable propotion between the cost of the amp+speakers to the speaker cabels cost .

I heard the ultra black cabels as well and they are so good that they reveal every defect in the original recording- on the one hand it's advantage but

on the other hand is it what we are realy looking for when listening to music ???

I heard the regular Q black cabels and found them very transparent ,accurate and pleasant and for my needs they excellent .

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Hi

In my opinion it should be a resonable propotion between the cost of the amp+speakers to the speaker cabels cost .

I heard the ultra black cabels as well and they are so good that they reveal every defect in the original recording- on the one hand it's advantage but

on the other hand is it what we are realy looking for when listening to music ???

I heard the regular Q black cabels and found them very transparent ,accurate and pleasant and for my needs they excellent .

Glad another person really likes them.. Hopefully get mine before the weekend! :pray:

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Steve Brock

have you got the Slee's yet? What have you loaned in the end?

i forgot to suggest to loan the speaker wire links as well if you have speakers with twin binding posts. I have another wiring tip for you as we'll ;)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Steve Brock

have you got the Slee's yet? What have you loaned in the end?

i forgot to suggest to loan the speaker wire links as well if you have speakers with twin binding posts. I have another wiring tip for you as we'll ;)

I have got the Lautus I/C and Spatia cables - had a quick listen this morning after nights - all i can say is they sound great - detailed, open great soundstage and that was just the I/C, then put on the Spatia - its even better. A lot more detail has revealed itself, great seperation too.

Will report back later when I stick Adele -21 on!!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, five pages into a cables-thread, the atmosphere is still warm, welcoming and civil, with some really useful information and experiential commentary that is a pleasure to read.
Have I accidentally slipped through into an alternate reality?
Keep it up, chaps! :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
[/quote]

I have got the Lautus I/C and Spatia cables - had a quick listen this morning after nights - all i can say is they sound great - detailed, open great soundstage and that was just the I/C, then put on the Spatia - its even better. A lot more detail has revealed itself, great seperation too.

Will report back later when I stick Adele -21 on!!

[/quote]

LOL - to Adele comment, I am glad you think thier good, not surprised at all Wait until you give them a proper chance

Couple Questions

1. What length Cusat have you got?

2. How have you got them wired up to your speakers? Do your speakers have twin binding posts?

I found going into the tweeter and linking to the bass worked best for me. The other way was good, but not near as good.

3.I would definately loan and try a set of the matching links as well - it ads about 50% more improvement to the overall sound

I would try 2 ways of wiring when you do

First - wire into the tweeter and then link the to bass driver with the cable all going the same way - the arrow pointing the way its going on the link tweeter to bass.

Listen for a day and then try Diamond Wiring - into the tweeter with red +ve, out of from the bass with black -ve but then here comes the magic - have the links wired this way so red facing from tweeter to bass, but the black facing from bass to tweeter. Thats gives the sound new life and zest and even more clarity and space. Thats the tip of the century in my system.

davidpr

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
ok, I cannot stand it any longer. If I paid silly money for exotic cables et al then I would also hear such a huge improvement. Wouldn't I? Does no one listen to the music anymore?

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
davidpr said:
ok, I cannot stand it any longer. If I paid silly money for exotic cables et al then I would also hear such a huge improvement. Wouldn't I? Does no one listen to the music anymore?

So just do not read! :wave:

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Wow, five pages into a cables-thread, the atmosphere is still warm, welcoming and civil, with some really useful information and experiential commentary that is a pleasure to read. Have I accidentally slipped through into an alternate reality? Keep it up, chaps! :)

I think that if somebody is asking advice on a specific type of cable he does not want to read people telling him he's a fool as cables do not make any difference, right? It's not a thread where we should be discussing if cables make difference or not, just discussing on the quality of these specific cable sharing opinions and experience.

As far as I can tell, the Tellurium Q is actually a very nice brand. Each cable I have tried bring something to the system with the most expensive outperforming the Ultra Black by quite a nice margin...

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
acalex said:
MajorFubar said:
Wow, five pages into a cables-thread, the atmosphere is still warm, welcoming and civil, with some really useful information and experiential commentary that is a pleasure to read. Have I accidentally slipped through into an alternate reality? Keep it up, chaps! :)

I think that if somebody is asking advice on a specific type of cable he does not want to read people telling him he's a fool as cables do not make any difference, right? It's not a thread where we should be discussing if cables make difference or not, just discussing on the quality of these specific cable sharing opinions and experience.

As far as I can tell, the Tellurium Q is actually a very nice brand. Each cable I have tried bring something to the system with the most expensive outperforming the Ultra Black by quite a nice margin...

yeah we all know that.. In the same way when someone's asking advise about amp amp and floorstanders in a 6x6 metre room gets advised active standmounts... Like you say just ignore it. Like you'd agnore a child acting up :cheers:

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
When you get them in on Free Loan - you dont have to hear anything.... Not arguing anymore on that front only interested in actual listening experience feedback.

Please do not make negative cable comments on this thread - there are loads of others to make them on, thank you - meant in a nice way

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
So I tried my studio 115's and then response d two's with my epic.. Responses are simply amazing.. Still felt the top end was a tad too hissy on certain tracks but had been toned down quite significantly.. Then I put the TQ's on. Initially is sounded thinner in the bass and less controlled all round.. Don't get me wrong or still sounded fantastic but I think it was just slightly different sound. The frequency range seemed more even though. I then left it running at pretty low volume for probably 5 or 6 hours and came back too it. Now it sounds a whole different league.. All the tracks I'd noticed the hiss on certain vocals had completely gone (I'd had a few drinks so will need to test more) the sound was warm and engaging with flowing detail and everything just sounded 'right'... After a while I played a song then the same song on my studio's. Again had almost completely got rid of the hiss ehich is crazy as it was very noticeable before and seemed more accurate in the mids. Actually sounded a lot tighter because the speakers are in corners it boomed less with the smaller cab, bass was noticeably less but prob suited this room better. Treble was good, so so much better than with epics. Didnt sound forced or harsh, was warm but natural and sweet.. The speaker sounded much better controlled.. So far I am extremely impressed and I know there are arguments about cable 'burning in' so it might improve or my ears may just adjust to it.. Either way it was very noticeable after that 5-6 hours playing.. Ill report more after a few more tests :cheers:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigColz said:
So I tried my studio 115's and then response d two's with my epic.. Responses are simply amazing.. Still felt the top end was a tad too hissy on certain tracks but had been toned down quite significantly.. Then I put the TQ's on. Initially is sounded thinner in the bass and less controlled all round.. Don't get me wrong or still sounded fantastic but I think it was just slightly different sound. The frequency range seemed more even though. I then left it running at pretty low volume for probably 5 or 6 hours and came back too it. Now it sounds a whole different league.. All the tracks I'd noticed the hiss on certain vocals had completely gone (I'd had a few drinks so will need to test more) the sound was warm and engaging with flowing detail and everything just sounded 'right'... After a while I played a song then the same song on my studio's. Again had almost completely got rid of the hiss ehich is crazy as it was very noticeable before and seemed more accurate in the mids. Actually sounded a lot tighter because the speakers are in corners it boomed less with the smaller cab, bass was noticeably less but prob suited this room better. Treble was good, so so much better than with epics. Didnt sound forced or harsh, was warm but natural and sweet.. The speaker sounded much better controlled.. So far I am extremely impressed and I know there are arguments about cable 'burning in' so it might improve or my ears may just adjust to it.. Either way it was very noticeable after that 5-6 hours playing.. Ill report more after a few more tests :cheers:

Is it just the TQs you have in, or are you using the P/Cs as well (remind me what you bought)?

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:

Is it just the TQs you have in, or are you using the P/Cs as well (remind me what you bought)?

I just bought the TQ black speaker cable.. May win matching I/Cs in a couple hours though. Seems so far so good :cheer:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigColz said:
I just bought the TQ black speaker cable.. May win matching I/Cs in a couple hours though. Seems so far so good :cheer:

They also do a very nice Blue P/C, which won HFW best power cable in their recent awards!
evil.png

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
BigColz said:

Glad you liked them too . I think the TQ balck present the music ecxactly as it should be : neutral and accurate without any exaggeration or

concealing .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts