Chord Chorus 2 Vs. Tellurium Q Ultra Black RCA cabel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
@ Big Colz

My advice would be to let the TQ Black settle in your system.....if you think it's a good improvement, go for the TQ Black i/c or maybe the Blue i/c.

IMO. Another good choice is the Linn Silver (all copper), which can be picked up on ebay for around £120 - 130, or new for £179: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linn-Silver-Phono-Interconnects-Latest-2012-Klimax-/221044737908?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item33774b0774

NB. The link in the above post doesn't work.

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:
So I've been procrastonating for some time over these cab;es... Then some popped up on the bay for £150 so snapped them up.. Should have them fitted by the weekend so i'll let you know my findings :grin:

Wondering if anyone has any interconnects they recommend to go with these cables or just some of you favorites around the £200 mark (new or second hand) I was thinking of getting the matching blacks.. I auditioned some chorus reference and must say I was impressed but the speaker cable was cheap so could want a more laid back I/C to smooth things slightly.. Either way i'll post how I get on :cheers:

My advice would be to let the TQ Black settle in your system.....if you think it's a good improvement, go for the TQ Black i/c or maybe the Blue i/c.

IMO. Another good choice is the Linn Silver (all copper), which can be picked up on ebay for around £120 - 130, or new for £179: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linn-Silver-Phono-Interconnects-Latest-2012-Klimax-/221044737908

Cheers Cno.. I hope the S/C makes a noticable difference to the slightly hissy top end.. It's been toned down a lot since the amp change and hoping this will do so more and even it out.. If it's still an issue I will have to change speakers as the tweeter is tiny on the 115.. Maybe the Response d Two could be ideal. May audition some speakers this weekend as well.. No rushing though just want to hear more brands.. PMC and KEF mainly

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigColz said:
Cheers Cno.. I hope the S/C makes a noticable difference to the slightly hissy top end.. It's been toned down a lot since the amp change and hoping this will do so more and even it out.. If it's still an issue I will have to change speakers as the tweeter is tiny on the 115.. Maybe the Response d Two could be ideal. May audition some speakers this weekend as well.. No rushing though just want to hear more brands.. PMC and KEF mainly

The hissy top end "could" be mains related. It could be worth your while messing about with mains blocks and power cable from the likes of Clearer Audio and Russ Andrews......better still, if a good dealer will lend you some.

If you didn't see it on another thread, have a read of this: http://www.atlascables.com/assets/files/pdfs-technical/Atlas_Cables_Vol2__vs4.pdf

IME. Never underestimate the detrimental effect that dirty mains can have, as well as that of RFI and EMI...eg. Hissy treble, boomy bass, detail that's hidden in the background noise.

Again, don't take my word for it.....but try it for yourself.

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:

The hissy top end "could" be mains related. It could be worth your while messing about with mains blocks and power cable from the likes of Clearer Audio and Russ Andrews......better still, if a good dealer will lend you some.

If you didn't see it on another thread, have a read of this: http://www.atlascables.com/assets/files/pdfs-technical/Atlas_Cables_Vol2__vs4.pdf

IME. Never underestimate the detrimental effect that dirty mains can have, as well as that of RFI and EMI...eg. Hissy treble, boomy bass, detail that's hidden in the background noise.

Again, don't take my word for it.....but try it for yourself.

Could be I suppose.. I have room acoustic issues (again) aswell.. Looking forward to getting the speaker cable as many people say it tones down the epics top end.. Thanks i'll check the thread out. Have you ever heard of Powerline adapters (internet running through your powerlines) causing mains related issues? As i'm using them at the moment. My mate at cyrus recons it doesn't effect it and think they've done some tests..

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigColz said:
Could be I suppose.. I have room acoustic issues (again) aswell.. Looking forward to getting the speaker cable as many people say it tones down the epics top end.. Thanks i'll check the thread out. Have you ever heard of Powerline adapters (internet running through your powerlines) causing mains related issues? As i'm using them at the moment. My mate at cyrus recons it doesn't effect it and think they've done some tests..

IMO. All that kind of stuff effects the sound.

You could do worse than give Darren at Clearer Audio a ring, and discuss things with him: http://www.cleareraudio.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Everything they do has a 60 trial period, so you can experiment.

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:

IMO. All that kind of stuff effects the sound.

You could do worse than give Darren at Clearer Audio a ring, and discuss things with him: http://www.cleareraudio.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Everything they do has a 60 trial period, so you can experiment.

I 'think' that powerline adapters aren't the issue when sending data through the wire, it's the wireless transmitters that can cause issues.. I have a wireless booster in my room with 3 ethernet ports so I will hardwire my Mac, xbox, streamer once I have my NAS.. If I had all shielded cables this should prevent any airborn noise. I will e-mial this guy too and see what he says.. Just found this when I googled, pretty comprehensive.. Whether its all gospel is another thing but makes some pretty valid points and suggestions to lower AC noise..

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0712/index.html

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
ifor said:
I haven't, but I know they are very highly rated. I also know that people who rate them highly have been very impressed with these http://www.gspaudio.co.uk/spatia-speaker-cable.htm

Ive ot some being sent for free home demo!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigColz said:
I 'think' that powerline adapters aren't the issue when sending data through the wire, it's the wireless transmitters that can cause issues.. I have a wireless booster in my room with 3 ethernet ports so I will hardwire my Mac, xbox, streamer once I have my NAS.. If I had all shielded cables this should prevent any airborn noise. I will e-mial this guy too and see what he says.. Just found this when I googled, pretty comprehensive.. Whether its all gospel is another thing but makes some pretty valid points and suggestions to lower AC noise..

Exactly!

You either buy into all this stuff or you don't. The only way is to try it out and see what makes a difference.

IME A bit of research followed by experimentation is the key......always remain skeptical, but still open to the possibility.

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:

Exactly!

You either buy into all this stuff or you don't. The only way is to try it out and see what makes a difference.

IME A bit of research followed by experimentation is the key......always remain skeptical, but still open to the possibility.

Yeah for sure.. I certainly will look into this but not until I have sent my streamer off for repair, got it back, got used too speaker cables and interconnect (possibly new speakers) and let it settle and my ears get used to it.. Just got home dem of ProAc Response twos for Friday so can do side by side comparisons and see if the tweeter is causing it! Be interesting too see.. If i love them I can get them at trade too (I can do the same for you if you keep it hush ;) ) :cheers:

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
acalex said:
The tellurium Q gets much better every time you upgrade. The jump from the Ultra Black to the Graphite is like :O

But are they 10 x better than the blacks???? Because they're 10 x dorrar!!! Sure i'd find much much bigger improvements elswhere first..

Maybe one day ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigColz said:
But are they 10 x better than the blacks???? Because they're 10 x dorrar!!! Sure i'd find much much bigger improvements elswhere first..

Maybe one day ;)

If only hifi worked like that!

IMO. It's only very expensive systems where this will bring more improvement, than spending it elsewhere.

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:

Maybe one day ;)

IMO. It's only very expensive systems where this will bring more improvement, than spending it elsewhere.

Ha yeah.. A cable can't improve sound it can only get it from A to B as efficiently as possible.. I'm sure they're very good though

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
BigColz said:
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:

Maybe one day ;)

Ha yeah.. A cable can't improve sound it can only get it from A to B as efficiently as possible.. I'm sure they're very good though

Well, they definitely outperform the ULTRA Black...the improvement the Graphite cables bring justify IMO the price difference between them...not sure I am ready to spend this money...but as wise Cno said, once you experience something like this is hard to go back :wall:

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
acalex said:
BigColz said:
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:

Maybe one day ;)

Well, they definitely outperform the ULTRA Black...the improvement the Graphite cables bring justify IMO the price difference between them...not sure I am ready to spend this money...but as wise Cno said, once you experience something like this is hard to go back :wall:

If you're at a stage where you have nothing more thet £2k could go toward improving then there's nothing wrong with it.. At least you'd never need to upgrade again (I certainly wouldn't)! Go on DO IT!! ;) :cheers:

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:
At least you'd never need to upgrade again (I certainly wouldn't)! Go on DO IT!! ;) :cheers:

...and people say I'm a bad influence. :grin:

Ahaha, fortunately for each euro leaving my bank account there is always a complex reflection behind...not easily influencable by emotions (being an engineer helps) ;)

I think it would make sense in my system at this stage...I would need to try getting the 770L as a comparison as for me getting the Siltech would be much easier (as could take the 330L now and when funds allow upgrade the 770L as Francis takes back the 330L)

Let's see...

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
BigColz said:
At least you'd never need to upgrade again (I certainly wouldn't)! Go on DO IT!! ;) :cheers:

...and people say I'm a bad influence. :grin:

Haha.. Back to power related things briefly.. I'm clear on the cable side of things.. The let more current throug, better connectiopn, better shielding etc etc. But confused on the distribution block side of things.. Can these colour or make the sound worse? Or was that condtioners? Or are they the same thing but different types? After reading up on the atlas thread and other thread I want something thats a safe bet and only improves sound..

Do these actually clean up the mains or just distribute better and protect from R/Fetc? As I remmeber before you and others saying cheap ones can be detrimental to sound quality..

http://www.atlascables.com/4-way-power-distribution.html £500

http://www.cleareraudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=49 £300

What have you tried and what do you use? Sorry if i'm being a pain but there's alot of jargon I don't get in the descriptions :doh:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
I think it would make sense in my system at this stage...I would need to try getting the 770L as a comparison as for me getting the Siltech would be much easier (as could take the 330L now and when funds allow upgrade the 770L as Francis takes back the 330L)

Let's see...

IMO. It is essential you and Rob try Atlas and Cardas as well, then you will have tried some of the best cable out there.

In my mind, I have always thought that TQ / Vertere / Siltech would suit you and Atlas / Cardas would suit Rob's system......but I could be as far out as the Lighthouse. :?

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:

Let's see...

IMO. It is essential you and Rob try Atlas and Cardas as well, then you will have tried some of the best cable out there.

In my mind, I have always thought that TQ / Vertere / Siltech would suit you and Atlas / Cardas would suit Rob's system......but I could be as far out as the Lighthouse. :?

This weekend I am going to take the Cardas and the Atlas, don't worry! :)

As I said when a decision will be made it means everything available has been assessed :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts