channel five on humax pvr9300 freeview box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I popped over to my mum n dads this afternoon (bout 5pm) to auto retune their tv and freeview box. Sony kdl-32v5500 retuned with no probs.

One thing was very strange when i retuned the humax freeview box. Channels 1 - 4 as expected (bbc1, 2 itv, ch 4) but FIVE was allocated to channel 800. Ok no problem.

However when I selected Ch 800, channel five came on for about 5 seconds then switched to ITV2 (allocated Ch6 by automated re-tune)

Any ideas where ch 5 has gone and how i get it back?

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much greenwich man. I'm popping back over tonight so I'll do the reset to factory settings. I just did a digital retune. My mum phoned me this morning to say she is still getting that annoying message up telling her to re-tune.

After thats sorted all I need to do is get my mum and dad into the mindset of there being more than 5 channels available (oh and having more than one remote). Who knows in time I may even be able to convince them that they don't need their vhs recorder anymore.

A

Anonymous

Ahhh..I also found this on the net which may be better or at least an alternative to the factory re-set (explains why channel 800+ are bad and hoiw to avoid them) - advising why to do a manual search

"The reason for doing a Manual Search is to target the six multiplexes coming only from your preferred transmitter. The UHF channel numbers for your six digital channels (multiplexes) from your preferred transmitter can be obtained from the DTG web-site, click on "Consolidated Ofcom 'Pocket Guide' in PDF format".

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_advice/dtt_pocket_guide_3_0.pdf

First you need to delete all existing channels.
Menu > Edit Channels > Edit Channel Lists > Password (0000) and delete all TV channels, note there is a Select All button. Go to Group, select Radio and delete all the radio channels. Press Exit on the remote control and when invited save all the changes.

You will now get a message saying No channels are available.., press OK. You should now be taken to the Installation menu, choose Manual Search. Select the first UHF channel number obtained from the DTG web-site for Channel (actually the order doesn't matter) and press Search. When the search completes, Save. Select the next UHF channel number for Channel and press Search.....Save. Repeat this for all six UHF channel numbers and to finish press the Exit button. You will now find all your Freeview channels on their correct numbers with none in the 800 range. Good luck. "

The web site below also has additional helpful info.

http://www.ukfree.tv/txlist.php

A

Anonymous

RodhasGibson:FWIW In my experience Factory /Shipping condition reset is the Quickest,Easiest Less Hassle way to go.For most people I suspect.

I suspect you are right. If you are like me however you prefer to spend ages doing it all manually cos its more fun.

A

Anonymous

Had same problem on wife's vistro freeview tv - the delete all channels then manual search worked and now receive channel five.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts