Center / front speaker placement?

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
May be a stupid question but....

Thinking of getting the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 package.

Can I place the center speaker under the TV? It will probably have to go on top of the stand (not bought that yet) the TV will sit on. If its ok there, I can find a TV stand that can accomdate it....

Will it matter if the front speakers are about a foot higher than the TV on either side? (on top of drawers).

Thanks in advance!

Messiah

If the Centre is below the TV and the Fronts are higher than the TV then there may be an issue as sound pans across the front soundstage. However, it may be fine.

Otherwise it may be worth considering trying to lower the fronts or raising the centre above the TV and angling it to the seating position.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I have my centre speaker (Q Acoustics) below my tv, with the floorstanders obviously much higher......but.......

I have angled the centre speaker up towards the ears of the person watching the movie, in the hope that it would be satisfactory.

Seems ok to me.......but not tried above screen as it would mean another bracket on the wall.

A

Anonymous

I had a problem finding a rack to accommodate my TV and my amp & centre speaker. (I needed 2 shelves both with 210mm+ clearance)

In the end I had one built to my specifications by Bradley @ HI FI Racks Ltd. (www.hifiracks.co.uk).

Not cheap but it looks fantastic.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks all, thats very helpfull.

I can only place it infront of the screen so will need to find the right type of stand too.

The front speakers are also an issue. I can either place right beside the screen, or in the corner of the room, i guess about 1 meter or so away.....thats better no?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Nick_Shepherd: Thanks all, thats very helpfull.

I can only place it infront of the screen so will need to find the right type of stand too.

The front speakers are also an issue. I can either place right beside the screen, or in the corner of the room, i guess about 1 meter or so away.....thats better no?

Right in the corners of the room isn't going to be the best place for them. Ideally you want at least 6 feet between the speakers but you need to watch how the speakers react to nearby walls.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts