Can a computer influence the sound of an ipod?

idc

What computer sounds the best with an ipod? By this I do not mean the computer's own speakers or adding speakers to the computer and playing itunes through them. I mean the sound out of the ipod itself through headphones or a docking station.

Or am I on the wrong track as the computer only stores the files and in itself has no effect on the quality of sound?

A

Anonymous

The difference is how you rip the music in the first place. If you are using downloaded tracks it doesn't make a difference. However using software to give you an exact copy of the original CD does make a difference if you are ripping the music yourself. With the right headphones an iPod will benefit from this however its hard drive limitations puts most people off adding lossless audio to it.

A

Anonymous

Messiah:
I think you'll find the actual computer has no effect. The quality of the CD transport may have a small impact when ripping.

As you say, the computer just stores the files.

You're right in that the computer has no effect, but the CD or DVD transport has no impact either. This is all down to the luxury of error correction which computers can afford, but dedicated CD players cannot.

manicm

Tarquinh:Messiah:

I think you'll find the actual computer has no effect. The quality of the CD transport may have a small impact when ripping.

You're right in that the computer has no effect, but the CD or DVD transport has no impact either. This is all down to the luxury of error correction which computers can afford, but dedicated CD players cannot.

There is some misconception that CD players do not have error correction, in fact they do and CDs would otherwise not play at all! It's just that if it cannot read certain information from the CD it would skip to the next 0s and 1s.

manicm

Messiah:

Messiah, due to some deeply personal reasons I did not attend that Barbie last night with the net effect of alienating some of my closest friends, and of-course not getting the Cyrus info I promised. I am in deep trouble.

I'll see what 'error-correction' I can devise.
emotion-9.gif

Messiah

manicm:
Messiah, due to some deeply personal reasons I did not attend that Barbie last night with the net effect of alienating some of my closest friends, and of-course not getting the Cyrus info I promised. I am in deep trouble.

I'll see what 'error-correction' I can devise.
emotion-9.gif

Hey Manicm,

No worries! More important you sort out your issues and sort out those friendships!!

Thanks for the update though. If you do find out more I'll be waiting!...................

A

Anonymous

manicm:Tarquinh:Messiah:

There is some misconception that CD players do not have error correction, in fact they do and CDs would otherwise not play at all! It's just that if it cannot read certain information from the CD it would skip to the next 0s and 1s.

Sorry, yes, you are both correct, I should have said extended error correction.

TRENDING THREADS