Cambridge Audio 740a & Marantz CD6002

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
Just thought I might just make an observation, I recently just bought a Marantz 6002 CD Player to replace my old Marantz CD63se. The CD63 didn't work too well with the Cambridge amp, However the 6002 does, it is puncy and dynamic and I can tell you that it wakes up CA 740a no end!
I borrowed a friends CA 640 CD player but found this sounds too much like the amp and didn't excite me. So If you have a 740a amp and you need a good low cost CD player, try the Marantz 6002, the combination has impressed me. Tes

A

Anonymous

I tried both through a Marantz amp and the CA was dull and lifeless. The CD6002 had more vitality and more bass punch. It's a cracking player for £200...

A

Anonymous

I have just bought a Marantz cd6002 myself..using it with a Marantz PM7200 and B&WDm602 S2's - sounds great - I'd highly recommend it !

A

Anonymous

Tesler: How are you finding the Marantz CD6002 ? - in a previous post you said that it was nowhere near as good as your Marantz cd63SE.....

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Invicta"]Tesler: How are you finding the Marantz CD6002 ? - in a previous post you said that it was nowhere near as good as your Marantz cd63SE.....[/quote]

Yes my friend, I did say that and I will stand by that opinion. My problem is that my CD63se was a stunner with my Pioneer A-400 amp but the CD6002 just doesn't sound as good with the Pioneer amp. It sounds harder and dryer.
Yesterday I changed the old Pioneer (again) for my Cambridge Audio 740a, this has yeided better results and a much warmer sound from the CD6002, the CD63 just didn't have anough punch and drive anymore.
So, what I have leant is that what sounds good in one system, doesn't mean it sounds good in all systems. The CD6002 is a dryer sound then the CD63se but it has way more bass presence.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts