BBC iPlayer on Panasonic Viera Cast?

Sky Explorer

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have a P46G20 and was wondering if anyone here can shed any light on whether the BBC iPlayer will make it onto Viera Cast? I don't have Freesat, just use the Freeview tuner.

Any news gratefully received.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have a TXL-37G20B purchased earlier this year which has Viera Cast. I use Freeview and don't have Freesat. I noticed that BBC iPlayer is available on the latest TVs which now have Viera Connect. It appears though that BBC iPlayer will not be available on Viera Cast. I emailed Panasonic last week and the reply I got was...

"In response, the BBC iplayer feature is available via the red button interactive service on the BBC channels on Freesat if you have an internet connection on your TV. Regrettably there are no current plans to add this service to Viera Cast."

So tough luck on people like myself who believed the sales pitch in the tv shop. What I intend to do is buy a Sony BluRay DVD player (about £80 on Amazon) which has BBC iPlayer & 5 on Demand available through it's internet link and not use the Viera Cast.

Pity because in all other respects the tv is superb.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a P42V10 and I must admit I think the Vieracast function is a bit of a waste of space, the only one I use occasionally is Youtube.

There is an extremely poor selection of widgets available. I don't know if newer Panny sets have more widgets and the older tv's can't support them, either way something that looked promising IMO is definitely not a deal breaker.

A

Anonymous

Recently had a demo of the smart tv apps on the Samsung D8000 and would have to agree with the general consensus here - Panasonic has got a long way to catch up. The 'apps' on the 310 bluray player are pitiful by comparision and with no credible iphone app (unlike Samsung) which gives keyboard control, even using the you tube app is a long, drawn out affair.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts