B&W cm1 vs m1 as surround

Bishal

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
hello

got a pair of B&W cm1 for surround but it is way too big to wall mount..

now thinking about m1..

front n center is cm8 and cmc..

room size is 15*12 and 90% is movie..

will the m1 match with cm series??am i doing any thing wrong replacing the cm1 with m1??

please advice & suggests and thanks in advance..

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
For a balanced sound and to keep the uniformity of your surround field I would stick with the CM1. I have the DS3's on my wall instead and I wish I had the CM1 behind me for a more enveloping surround field. I just find you lose a little by not sticking to the same range.

Stick to the same range all around, and if possible buy speaker stands for the CM1 as mounting them on a wall will cause a boom effect, they are not really for wall mounting sadly.

Bishal

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
thanks for ur input..was looking for ds3 but got da cm1 and now it seems very big..its my bedroom thus no way to put those stand..

will it make big difference if i go for satellite insted of booksahelves for surround??

btw nice collection of gears u got.. :dance: :dance:

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, stick around and I will be detailing my new build soon, it will be something special ;)

It will sound different, but it wont sound terrible either. Why dont you buy a couple and give it a test, only your ears will tell you if you find it acceptable. If you do not, then simply return them. Most AV dealers worth thier salt would offer this to you.

Generally, mixing speakers is a big no, no. However, this is more important for the fronts as opposed to the rears where you can get away with a little more.

For me I like to have the same speaker all around me if possible, therfore creating a good sound field with the same drive unit all around me.

Bishal

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
guess ur new set up will be something to dsirupt our sleeps for couple of nights.. :clap: :clap:

actually i wanna keep the cm1 but dont wanna mount it on wall,thus going for m1..

cm1 was out of stock i ordered it and sales guy just brought a pair..he doesnt sell m1 so only if i order he will bring those and will take back the cm1 but no way i can return the m1 as those are order only sell product..

think i gonna settle for m1..cm1 looks way big for room..12 feet crow 13 feet tail..

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you order the product online through a retailer like Hifix, then you have a 14 day return as standard on all orders over the internet.

You got it in one, the new setup is going in the loft and I wil be sound proofing the room :rofl: When its done I will invite forum members over for a listen!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts