ATC SCM40 new vs PMC 26 pre loved

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
The Yamaha to stream from the Nas into the dac of the amp. Had considered a bluesound node too, but already have a powernode anyways. So wanted something new to play with.

Whathifi found nothing to complain about the halo , paired with the ATC SCM 50's. So if it's good enough for them. Should be good enough for me for quiet sometime.

Maybe in 2 years time, when I have the upgraditis, I will look at a better source. Maybe a brooklyn dac or a used Linn majik if iam lucky. The halo will be a keeper for sometime too. I have a powernode with a modest 25w into 8 ohms. Never found it struggling for power so far. So might not even need the 160w that the halo has in my room. Thanks

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
newlash09 said:
The Yamaha to stream from the Nas into the dac of the amp. Had considered a bluesound node too, but already have a powernode anyways. So wanted something new to play with.

Whathifi found nothing to complain about the halo , paired with the ATC SCM 50's. So if it's good enough for them. Should be good enough for me for quiet sometime.

Maybe in 2 years time, when I have the upgraditis, I will look at a better source. Maybe a brooklyn dac or a used Linn majik if iam lucky. The halo will be a keeper for sometime too. I have a powernode with a modest 25w into 8 ohms. Never found it struggling for power so far. So might not even need the 160w that the halo has in my room. Thanks

The halo will be fine but the 50s may be slightly more efficient. My old hegel drove passive 100s to this day the best sound(most adrenaline exciting sound) I've ever heard. And ive tested40s in many makes of amp.

When you jump to active the sound is actually more relaxed but by this i mean effortless or less strained.

Now get those pmcs hooked up and write us a review

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts