PMC DB1i Review

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Neat Iotas (which I have no commercial affilation with whatsoever) are simply brilliant speakers if you're short of space. I tested them at home last year - couldn't believe how good they sound for their size. And here they are in white:

Neat_IOTA.jpg

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
The Neat Iotas (which I have no commercial affilation with whatsoever) are simply brilliant speakers if you're short of space. I tested them at home last year - couldn't believe how good they sound for their size. And here they are in white:

Neat_IOTA.jpg

See John, that's white!

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
davedotco said:
Clare Newsome said:

Neat_IOTA.jpg

See John, that's white!

I'm not sure they don't look a bit blue in that light.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
davedotco said:
Clare Newsome said:

Neat_IOTA.jpg

See John, that's white!

I'm not sure they don't look a bit blue in that light.

Nah, hedgehogs have remarkably poor eyesight.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Surely the logical upgrade from DB1i's if you wish to go DSP active would be the PMC TWO TWO 5's .

They only come in midnight blue but they are amazing apparently, although I have not heard a pair . :)

http://www.pmc-speakers.com/products/professional/active/twotwo5

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/pmc-twotwo-monitors-561091

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Surely the logical upgrade from DB1i's if you wish to go DSP active would be the PMC TWO TWO 5's .

PMC Two Two 5's.

Bah! Ugly! Ugly! Ugly! (IMO :) )

I know studio monitors are often fugly but these remind me of cheap Dell desktop computer cases with speaker drivers fitted in the front of them.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Electro said:

PMC Two Two 5's.

Bah! Ugly! Ugly! Ugly! (IMO :) )

I know studio monitors are often fugly but these remind me of cheap Dell desktop computer cases with speaker drivers fitted in the front of them.

Some truth in that I suppose and beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I have seen far worse :)

The PMC logo lights up too ;)

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Pretty rough looking.

Though, as the quoted price is ex VAT I doubt PMC consider these to be an at home speaker.

Going to listen to some Beolab 9 s next couple of weeks.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I think "rough looking" is a bit harsh in fact I quite like the style :shifty: .

There is some serious dsp based technology inside that makes them adjustable for different placement and acoustics and there is the bonus of being able to use them on their sides in tight spaces , just add the digital or analogue source of your choice :) .

They are aimed at the professional market but PMC do sell them through HiFi dealers too .

I look forward to hearing you thoughts on the Beolab 9's :)

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
A bit tongue n cheek. Just a comment on how they look. They've been nominated for an award by Resolution. I follow PMC on FB.

Ive not heard any speakers that might be considered as competition for the ADM40s. I pretty much dislike the looks of every speaker out there, but I think the Beolab 9s look great (I don't like the 5s).

Im not seriously thinking about any change, but it would be nice to have a comparison of sorts.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Their site and the few others don't mention price :)

but I found another site that said the top model is 100,000 euros. Mind you I prefer the looks of the (cheaper) Prime speakers. They're probably still more expensive than my car.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts