PMC DB1i Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I therefore now just use single-wiring (albeit a very good one like QED Revelation or Chord Odyssey) and am perfectly happy. It is probably, however, worth creating small lengths of your chosen cable to replace the jumpers beween the bi-wire terminals, since these are usually of pretty poor quality. Then again, you may hear no difference at all.

I ran my DB1i with jumpers at first, but at the recommendation of another forum member, I put the plates back in and found the performance (particularly bass) much better, which kind of suprised me.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I've never found much difference with biwiring, so I've decided to stick to single-wiring. And I believe the jumpers that come with the DB1i are pretty good, so I've not replaced them.

John Duncan

Neat Iotas will be on the agenda as well, because of where I want to put them. Mrs JD will love them in white:

2010.jpg

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Neat Iotas will be on the agenda as well, because of where I want to put them. Mrs JD will love them in white:

2010.jpg

Errr, they're yellow.

How about these....

5_400px1.jpg

Guru QM10 series 2.

Go on, you owe it to Mrs JD.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
davedotco said:
John Duncan said:

2010.jpg

Errr, they're yellow.

How about these....

5_400px1.jpg

Guru QM10 series 2.

Go on, you owe it to Mrs JD.

Excellent suggestion! They are a tad bigger (4 times bigger to be exact), and just 2 times the price, so better VFM! ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts