Anybody been Record Shopping today?

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

OK, I've looked through, and it's other John Carpenter soundtracks, not all the same album. :shifty:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
stevebrock said:
They have Assault on precint 13 at my local independent store - off in town tomo may pick it up see what all the fuss is about !

It fits the film perfectly, but I'm not sure I'd want to listen to the sound track on its own.

Great film.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Been to Langley Mill Records, could of spent all day there hunting through the crates & crates of £1 bargains!

Got:

All About Eve - Scarlet and other Stories

U2 - Rattle and Hum

Fields of the Nephilim - Dawnrazor

Level 42 - World Machine

Level 42 - Running in the Family

Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams

all cleaned, new nagaoka sleeves

Not bad for £15

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
stevebrock said:
love my local independant record shop - they can get anything on release.

picked up Neil Young Live at the Cellar Door - 180g

hoping that appears from one of my brothers on Boxing Day.

independant stores are the best. Resident in Brighton are great, really look after me.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
stevebrock said:
They have Assault on precint 13 at my local independent store - off in town tomo may pick it up see what all the fuss is about !

It fits the film perfectly, but I'm not sure I'd want to listen to the sound track on its own.

Great film.

I am a big fan of Carpenter's earlier films (and soundtracks) from the late 70's to mid 80's. For me, the best soundtrack of his that can be listened to in isolation is Halloween III.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

51T9GYpm3XL.jpg

Double album reissue on Charly, bought for my wife, who now says she doesn't need it, so it's mine.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
From a local charity shop: Vangelis - Albedo 0.39 and Adam and the Ants - Kings Of The Wild Frontier, which is immaculate, and even has an A4 "Catalog" inside it still, although it's more of a biography of the band up to that point, really interesting. £2 each!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charity shop yesterday, all 50p each.

Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Flaunt It

Grace Jones - Island Life

Kate Bush - The Dreaming

Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair

John Handy - Carnival

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charity shop yesterday, all 50p each.

Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Flaunt It

Grace Jones - Island Life

Kate Bush - The Dreaming

Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair

John Handy - Carnival

BBB you lucky ****** - is The Dreaming a good copy? Been after it for a year now, it holds its price quite well!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
BBB you lucky ****** - is The Dreaming a good copy?

Sleeve is great, vinyl has a few light marks only. Needs a clean though.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

DIB said:
I wish I could find a charity shop with 50p LPs near me, everywhere I look it seems to be £2/£3 a pop.

Memo to self - Must try harder.

I'm lucky that there are two charities housed in small industrial units within a mile or so of my house, and they have plenty of room for records.

The records were £1 each, but as my mate and I bought 11 between us, the guy in charge let us have them cheaper.

The other unit was closed yesterday. but they have some much more expensive records, and then a load all at 50p.

In both cases, you do have to wade through a lot of terrible records to find the odd one worth a punt.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Im off to Langley Mill Records tomo, i still havent been through the 40 or so crates that are all priced £1, you can get 10 for £8 - i know there will be some hidden gems!

Milo_Myage

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Quick trip to Helter Skelter in Chichester yesterday, walked away with

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Organisation
Steve Earle & the Dukes - Exit 0
Emmylou Harris - Elite Hotel
The Beautiful South - Choke
The Sugar Cubes- Here Today, Tomorrow Next Week!

£16.50 the lot.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
BBB, your GT50 poorly again? Whats up ?

still got 5 years warranty left on mine, but its already had a new PSU

They didn't fix it Steve, as they couldn't get pictures of the fault, so Panasonic wouldn't release a new panel.

I'm going to try and get pictures of the faults tomorrow, then ring John Lewis.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Milo_Myage said:
Quick trip to Helter Skelter in Chichester yesterday, walked away with Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Organisation Steve Earle & the Dukes - Exit 0 Emmylou Harris - Elite Hotel The Beautiful South - Choke The Sugar Cubes- Here Today, Tomorrow Next Week! £16.50 the lot.

Nice buy

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
Im off to Langley Mill Records tomo, i still havent been through the 40 or so crates that are all priced £1, you can get 10 for £8 - i know there will be some hidden gems!

Didn't you get anything Steve?

TRENDING THREADS