Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
One of my all time fave albums - I am sure it is for many others - I gew up on it as a kid and its still timeless today!

Had it on CD for the last 25 years - more recently ripped in ALAC to my NAS - Sounds good thorugh my DAC.

Was browsing today in my local record shop - it was staring at me, the price label displayed £4 - I gingerley eased it out of the horrible paper sleeve - YES it looked prisitne, got it home a quick clean through the Knosti, new Nagaoka sleeve job done.

Been excited all day, waited until my daughter was in bed then dropped the needle on it! It sounds amazing, so much better than the CD, its momemnts like this that I absolutely love vinyl - even the missus has commented on how nice it sounds - anyway gotta shoot waiitng for The Chain & Gold Dust Woman - 2 of the best track on the album imho

Happy days!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Been excited all day, waited until my daughter was in bed then dropped the needle on it! It sounds amazing, so much better than the CD, its momemnts like this that I absolutely love vinyl

Happy days!

Love the album, and agree with the sentiment.

A

Anonymous

stevebrock said:
One of my all time fave albums - I am sure it is for many others - I gew up on it as a kid and its still timeless today!

Had it on CD for the last 25 years - more recently ripped in ALAC to my NAS - Sounds good thorugh my DAC.

Was browsing today in my local record shop - it was staring at me, the price label displayed £4 - I gingerley eased it out of the horrible paper sleeve - YES it looked prisitne, got it home a quick clean through the Knosti, new Nagaoka sleeve job done.

Been excited all day, waited until my daughter was in bed then dropped the needle on it! It sounds amazing, so much better than the CD, its momemnts like this that I absolutely love vinyl - even the missus has commented on how nice it sounds - anyway gotta shoot waiitng for The Chain & Gold Dust Woman - 2 of the best track on the album imho

Happy days!

Brill album, but you fell into the trap

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
andybeau said:
stevebrock said:

Happy days!

I always do!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
stevebrock said:
BigH said:

Every track is good!

Yes good album but don't play it much now. I think every hifi shop must have a copy, certainly seen a few in them lately. My vinyl was never very good, mid 70s, poor pressing maybe some distortion on side 2, my cd is not great either early one, the USA edition is meant to be much better. One a poor/average system the cymbals are not clear on the first few tracks. Even on a decent tweeters its not perfect.

A

Anonymous

stevebrock said:
andybeau said:
stevebrock said:

Happy days!

I always do!

LOL my missus just says why do you bother asking..so I don't now

I've got the anniversary cd, some good extras but still prefer vinyl.

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I've never heard the album but will give it a go on YouTube.

I have picked up on so many artists through threads like these (especially the 'what are you listening to' thread.

A

Anonymous

I agree I've aquired quite a few albums I wouldn't of thought about because of this

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Supreme said:

I have picked up on so many artists through threads like these (especially the 'what are you listening to' thread.

Supreme, go listen now! It is a true classic. Heard it first round a friends house whose old man was playing it when i was about 28, and thought..whoaaa....how could I have missed this...but it's great to discover a classic a bit later on in life. 40 this year and hundreds more classics hopefully to discover.. :grin:

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hey Steve. When you have a spare 60 odd quid to blow the 2x45rpm Hoffman/Gray USA re-mastered is the copy to get. Kin amazing pressing , blows the original into the weeds mate.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
Hey Steve. When you have a spare 60 odd quid to blow the 2x45rpm Hoffman/Gray USA re-mastered is the copy to get. Kin amazing pressing , blows the original into the weeds mate.

not bad if its one your fave albums!

I can only find the 2XLP Rhino version on amazon uk?

I want to order it now!

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
radiorog said:
Supreme said:

Supreme, go listen now! It is a true classic. Heard it first round a friends house whose old man was playing it when i was about 28, and thought..whoaaa....how could I have missed this...but it's great to discover a classic a bit later on in life. 40 this year and hundreds more classics hopefully to discover.. :grin:

I have had a listen and enjoyed it. I have heard quite a few of the tunes before here and there. I can see how this album could become like an old friend quite quickly

matthewpiano

Rumours is a great album. Got the remastered CD and very happy with the sound. I've seen Fleetwood Mac live twice and both times they put on a brilliant show. Couldn't afford to get tickets for this year's tour, but I'm so glad I've seen them.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
There are a few sealed copies out there but not too many. 4000 limited run. There is a 2x45 Europe version out there so be carefull that you dont get ripped off if you are tempted.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Supreme said:
radiorog said:
Supreme said:

I have had a listen and enjoyed it. I have heard quite a few of the tunes before here and there. I can see how this album could become like an old friend quite quickly

absolutely. some great singles and i think the flow of the album as a whole is fantastic. The first time i heard the bassline on the chain whilst listening to the album (round said friends house) i was blown away. Great album.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
There are a few sealed copies out there but not too many. 4000 limited run. There is a 2x45 Europe version out there so be carefull that you dont get ripped off if you are tempted.

Ive found the USA Warner version, emailed the seller to see if its the Hoffman/Gray USA re-mastered version

thanks

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Love Rumours, yet I find myself drawn to the much-less-appreciated 'Mirage' album even more. Not only good musically, there's some tracks which are such great hifi testers. For example "That's Alright": from 27sec onwards, there's what sounds like claves struck on the 2nd and 4th beat of the bar, and they're way at the back of the soundstage slightly to the left, and this is one of the things I listen for intently to judge new speakers' imaging properties. Other favourites are 'Can't Go Back", 'Empire State", and the last four tracks from "Hold Me" to "Wish You Were Here", which really seem to hang together as a sub-album on their own. They could almot have been on a 'Mirage EP'

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Sounds even better on cassette

smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts