Any bargain Amps out there if you dont need fancy

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Everybody likes a bargain of course. I am looking at the Onkyo A9010. I'd actually like something a lot physically smaller as I am trying to fit this in where I have an old entry level AV receiver (leaving the AV and sorround sound intact)

I basically only probably need 1 analog input to connect up a DAC, other than that a good sounding stereo Amp , a remote control would be nice. Anybody suggest anything in the Onkyo price range

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I know it's a bit more expensive but NVA do a very good value pre/power combo for £300.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NVA-P20-and-A20-Passive-Pre-and-Amplifier-/222211624578?hash=item33bcd84e82:g:eek:-kAAOSw-4BXYa0T

TrevC

muljao said:
Everybody likes a bargain of course. I am looking at the Onkyo A9010. I'd actually like something a lot physically smaller as I am trying to fit this in where I have an old entry level AV receiver (leaving the AV and sorround sound intact)

I basically only probably need 1 analog input to connect up a DAC, other than that a good sounding stereo Amp , a remote control would be nice. Anybody suggest anything in the Onkyo price range

Yamahas are good value.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
TrevC said:
muljao said:

Yamahas are good value.
Seen some nice Yamaha ones also

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
chrisr1718 said:
I've got a Cyrus2 sitting there doing nothing, in good condition. If you cross my palm with silver (or gold!) I may be tempted to part with it.

I'm new here so not sure of forum rules, can I ask how much or do I need to pm you, if so how, or can I put my email in words on a comment, thanks

chrisr1718 said:
There's no pm facility on this forum, something that many of us here moan about.

Look me up on Twitter, my id is the same as on here, then pm me.

*mail1*

If you ask the mods nicely they can pass on your email address to the other party but yes, no pm facility and I guess there doesn't really need to be as house rules say no trading. ;-)

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I haven't ever used Twitter and I'm on hols at moment with atrocious internet cover, every post I send here sends like the old days of dial up.

I am back home Tuesday and will look you up then. Thanks

chrisr1718

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
house rules say no trading. ;-)

In that case, I'll just charge him for my expenses...
wink_smile.gif

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
If I go new I'm considering the Onkyo a9010. I'm also interested in the monitor audio a100, because it's small and supposedly sounds great. I suppose the marantz pm6005 is also a runner.

Considering I'm buying a Beresford Caiman mk ii Dac next week, is buying an amp with an integrated dac a bad move. Thanks

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
pioneer a-30, heard that one on many occasions as my mate got one..

yamaha a-s500 & 300, replaced now with 501 & 301 models I guess..

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
muljao said:
I'm also interested in the monitor audio a100, because it's small and supposedly sounds great.

Good choice. You can get one for £149 or less. Fantastic value for a fine sounding amp with analogue input, digital optical input and wireless DLNA streaming. It's very compact and has a funky remote to boot.

D

Deleted member 2457

I fancy the Susano amp and the Yamaha dspz11 but they are old and have crinkles!

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
tino said:
muljao said:
I'm also interested in the monitor audio a100, because it's small and supposedly sounds great.

Good choice. You can get one for £149 or less. Fantastic value for a fine sounding amp with analogue input, digital optical input and wireless DLNA streaming. It's very compact and has a funky remote to boot.

The only thing is that this is apparently an iPod/pad based amp. I don't own a single ios based item. Although considering the monitor audio came out at 400 pounds and it's amp section is supposed great, I should probably overlook this and simply use the single audio analog input

TempWhatHifiName121

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Ditto for the NAD. It really is a great amp for the money after audinioning others. The What HiFi review is spot on if you use digital inputs. Severnoaks have sold it for 300 on offer, but ask and you may get the same discount.

TRENDING THREADS