Any other options to control the power on amplifier if my pre-amp doesn't have a 12v trigger out port?

rsvg

Dec 10, 2022
Visit site
Basically I really want to buy a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 and have it be my sole pre-amp & network streaming device. I only stream and would use a single analog and digital in, so all my bases are covered. The only issue is that I don't want to have to manually turn my amplifier off and on all the time. I also don't see any amplifiers that work with CA's control bus format. Or at least ones I want to afford. Am I forced to just buy a simple receiver in this scenario? Thanks!

Gray

Am I forced to just buy a simple receiver in this scenario?
Well I wouldn't be, that's for sure.

You say you'd be using the CXN as a preamp so presumably you're talking about remote switching of a power amp?
A power amp should always be turned on a few seconds after a preamp anyway - and powered off before the preamp.

If you're that bothered, you could buy a small, remote-controlled relay PCB (with a delay) to switch the mains to a power amp.....but how much trouble is it to manually switch it on? 🤔

Reactions: Symples

rsvg

Dec 10, 2022
Visit site
I won’t debate the necessities of my desires on this forum. It’s simply a preference.

I do see now that some of these parasounds, and perhaps other power amplifiers have auto power on based on sensing audio. That may be the way to go for me. Seems very convenient.

Last edited:

rsvg

Dec 10, 2022
Visit site
Lol I thought you’d like that. That c298 doesn’t look bad. Are people openly embracing class d power amps now? I’m old.

Basically I really want to buy a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 and have it be my sole pre-amp & network streaming device. I only stream and would use a single analog and digital in, so all my bases are covered. The only issue is that I don't want to have to manually turn my amplifier off and on all the time. I also don't see any amplifiers that work with CA's control bus format. Or at least ones I want to afford. Am I forced to just buy a simple receiver in this scenario? Thanks!
You mean there aren't any Cambridge power amps that work with it?

rsvg

Dec 10, 2022
Visit site
You mean there aren't any Cambridge power amps that work with it?

there are but I need 200-400watts and besides them being pretty expensive I don’t want to support them (any more than I have to) for attempting to introduce a proprietary solution that didn’t need a new format. Hate when companies do that.

I suppose if there is an alternate device than the CXN v2 that can act like a preamp, stream, has balanced out, etc but with a 12v trigger then I’d buy that instead.

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The Bob Wire DAT1 might work - if you're not precious about using a 3.5mm to RCA cable and the power amp has 12V trigger. You put the unit in the audio signal chain between the pre and power, and plug from its 12V trigger out to the amplifier. The idea is that when the DAT1 receives a signal, it senses that and then sends a signal via the 12V. US only, and not inexpensive for what it is (about $100ish).

Reactions: rsvg

rsvg

Dec 10, 2022
Visit site
As suggested at beginning of thread .... I know clicking on things is hard.

You're right, I did miss that one and only clicked the second link you shared. But you don't have to be an ahole about it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts