Acoustically transparent projector screens? Anyone had any experience of them?

Jon Spencer

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I am looking at building a false wall in my new home theatre room with a large acoustically transparent screen to place the centre and front speakers behind, I can also build in stotage for the electronics and blu rays/DVD's which would keep the other half happy.

Has anyone had any experience of the screens and what effect they had on the sound? The one I have been looking at is a 2.37:1 143" screen which is 3.34m x 1.41m so should give a decent separation for the front speakers and the volume of the recess shouldn't cause too much speaker boom as the space will be totally open behind the screen.

I know it will always be swings and roundabouts with home theatre design and often convenience and other halfs win the day.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
As with most things in home cinema it is down to the quality of the products. With a good quality screen you should not have any real deterioation of the sound. We use Screen Excellence for this application and the results are always very strong. If I have the choice this is how I plan a dedicated room from scratch.

That is a decent size of screen do you have a projector strong enough to give you a good image at that size?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts