Had a demo of a Draper React Screen and was told they have an AT Equivalent

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I was out yesterday with this Cinema Installer at a trade event.

I got to see quite a few things one was a Draper React Screen with an Epson LS10000 Laser Projector.

They had another normal white screen that they dropped over the front of it to compare the difference.

It was an interesting one - the white screen looked a higher gain than the draper in terms of excentuating highlights - however when the content changed you could clearly see that both screen gains were identical. Thats very important. The Contrast on the Draper was Miles Better even with some ambient light.

The Draper did an excellent job at rejecting light and if you want a projector in any room other than a proper black out I would have a look at these. Especially as they told me they sell an Acoustically Transparent Equivalent which I didnt know about and is a game changer really for a lot of people I think. This will have a lower gain so will need a very bright PJ bear that in mind!!

What did I think to the Combo of Draper React Screen and Epson LS10000.

The LS10000 highlight is its laser light source and high brightness - also its ability to completey turn off for a true fade to black siutation - bulb projectors cant do this.

I also got a mini lesson on how to choose the right screen for the light conditions and room size etc. Getting the best performance from a PJ is not easy and is complex - taking this challenge on without some help might mean you buy the wrong thing and dont achieve the performance contrast ratio desired for critical viewing

This is why its a good idea to approach a dealer for this as they can get all the advice and help needed to choose the right screen based on the room size conditions and Projector selected.

Useful info I felt for people who start looking at the mind bending projector screen options available.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Allen

Sorry I am not sure. They did say but I cannot remember the exact models.
One was react the other a typical white screen.

Neither were AT though, I just asked the draper rep what was their closest AT screen he said they sold the same react screen in AT. I didn't know they sold that, that would have been of interest

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts