A good turntable lamp

paulb6699

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi this is my first post on the what hifi forum : ) hello everyone

Anyone aware of a good battery powered turntable lamp. I’ve seen the Nessie Audiolighting LED Lamp but there doesn’t seem to be anything else out there?

Many thanks

Hi this is my first post on the what hifi forum : ) hello everyone

Anyone aware of a good battery powered turntable lamp. I’ve seen the Nessie Audiolighting LED Lamp but there doesn’t seem to be anything else out there?

Many thanks
Any particular reason it has to be battery powered?
The Nessie is designed to work on a record cleaning machine

paulb6699

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi
I tried an LED Ikea one that I thought would be great. But it introduced a buzzing through the turntable. As it needs to be quite close to the turntable. So I just thought instead of trying out other types of lights a battery one might be the way to go. It would only be used for putting records on at night. Looks like their isn’t much choice.

paulb6699

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
...it's the sort of thing the turns up in the 'Middle of Lidl'.
Have a look and see what CPC have got available.
(I installed a ceiling light specifically above my turntable).

P.S. I like George Duke too 👍

lol

I’ll check out CPC

yeah George Duke ! Always smiled when playing, beautiful human being That came out in his music. That track though, ‘fill the need’ total reference track

paulb6699

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
Any particular reason it has to be battery powered?
The Nessie is designed to work on a record cleaning machine

The Nessie it says comes with double sided adhesive pads that attach to its magnet thing, so it can be used as a turntable lamp. Not just for use with the record cleaning machines.

Gray

Maybe you've already seen these, some are 'rechargeable':

I bought a couple of black ones of these, suited my purpose with a bit of adaption (I hacked off the USB connector) ....as long as they get 5v DC from somewhere:
...loads of this type of thing. Easily adapted to suit:

Last edited:

paulb6699

Dec 2, 2021
Visit site
Maybe you've already seen these, some are 'rechargeable':

I bought a couple of black ones of these, suited my purpose with a bit of adaption (I hacked off the USB connector) ....as long as they get 5v DC from somewhere:
...loads of this type of thing. Easily adapted to suit:

Those little night lights look great 👍

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS