DARGAN1

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of buying an inexpensive 4K TV such as Hisense or shoud I wait 6-12 months until the mainstream brands fall in price?

I still need a second TV set for my kitchen and What Hi-Fi ***** Panasonic ,Samsung and Sony(Plasma,Lcd and Led)can be bought for around £1000 or less.Should I buy one of these?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
If it's cheap it is probably cheap for a reason, have you heard the phrase "buy cheap, buy twice", if it were me i would wait another 5-6 months and wait for the prices to drop.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
There's no 4K content at the moment, except Netflix and YouTube. Best to go for a 1080p TV for now in your case.

and the news today about sony's profits plunging by 90%, apparently due in large part to a rapid decline in sales of physical media, doesn't bode well for the early development of a 4k BluRay disc format (unless they see it as an opportunity to revive flagging disc sales I guess? :?).

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Personally If I ever get 4K it will be a projector. I don't see the point in waisting the potential of 4K on a TV screen as 2K does a good enough job on a TV screen.

I'm not saying the picture isn't better on 50" 4K TV because it is. The technology is still pretty new to which is another reason to wait for it to get better. On some sets it will be just a gimmick but as the big brands nail it it will be well worth it.

T

theflyingwasp

mr malarky said:
bigboss said:
There's no 4K content at the moment, except Netflix and YouTube. Best to go for a 1080p TV for now in your case.

and the news today about sony's profits plunging by 90%, apparently due in large part to a rapid decline in sales of physical media, doesn't bode well for the early development of a 4k BluRay disc format (unless they see it as an opportunity to revive flagging disc sales I guess? :?).

i am a little worried. the majority of people are more than happy with downloads,Netflix,amazon prime and Apple TV etc but I sure would miss physical media :cry:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts