45 watt per channel amp (teac reference) + monitor audio br5 (30-120 watt) - is it a good idea?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
System: I want to buy TEAC mini reference system with 45 watt per channel output (due to the space restrictions)

Speakers: But at the same time I want some floorstanding speakers, and I am considering Monitor Audio BR5.

The thing is that Monitor Audio speakers state that the preferred amp output is 30-120 watt...

But I am concerned about speakes being underpowered (damaged by clipping + low volume).

Would it be a bad thing to match these two?

A

Anonymous

are you referring to teac A-H380 (45wpc in 6 ohms)? I dont think it can drive well with BR5. Maybe BR2 is more compatible. Try to consider Marantz PM6002 with BR5.

matthewpiano

When I tried my BR2s with Dad's Reference 300 system they didn't gel well at all. If you want to go for the Teac I would suggest looking at either Tannoy F1 Customs or Wharfedale Diamond 9.1. The Diamonds sound fantastic with it and seem to suit the capable Teac electronics well. I've not heard the new Reference 380, but I don't think the amplifier will be that different to the 300 one.

A

Anonymous

I think the teac will drive the BR2 very well, but Whf Diamond 9.1s are also a good choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts