3.1 channel System verses soundbar, which option would you recommend please?

AdamRC

Sep 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi, this is my 1st post on here. I currently have a 3.1 channel speaker System but as my Old Cyrus 8AV amp has broken, I’m looking for advice as to whether I should either buy something like a £750 AV amp or sell the lot and buy a soundbar from say Sonos. Both stereo and AV sound are important to me. If I stuck with my current speakers, I would not be looking to move to 5.1 as we don’t want any more in the room. My speakers are Monitor Audio Studio 2 (fronts), MA silver 150 (centre) and MA RSXW12 sub. I also have a Sonos Connect which historically plugged into my old Cyrus amp. All advice appreciated. Thanks

AdamRC

Sep 13, 2020
Visit site
I have the previous top range Heos (new model just called Denon) soundbar, and while the sound is very good, there‘s not much of a stereo effect.

I’d say go for an AV amp.

Thank you for this and sorry for the slow response. A bit of a stupid question but can you use/programme the latest AV amps for just 3.1 sound as I wouldn’t want to go out and buy say a Denon 3500 or 3600 only to find it only allows a min of 5.1? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts