100hz and LCD?

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Does this really make alot of difference? and is it the same as 100hz on CRT's or just a term being used as we will understand it to mean a 'steady' picture...?

A

Anonymous

I also was wondering about the 100Hz function on many LCDs. Does it simply double the frame-rate, just making an identical copy of each frame - like for example, when a Pioneer tv shows 24Hz content each frame is tripled - so the original frame is shown aswell as two identical copies - to become 72Hz? Or... does the tv's processor somehow 'guess' the contents of a frame if there existed such a frame - ie an extra frame in between two of the original frames?

Just to clarify, does the 100Hz feature make an identical copy of each frame to turn 50Hz into 100Hz, or does the feature use processing and algorithms to create an extra, completely new frame that is a simulation of what a frame in between two of the existing, original frames would show if it existed?

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Benjamin.

Any one have any answers? I have now seen the Panasonic TX-32LMD70 at RS for £470! If anyone can asnwer Benjamin question above, do they also know if not being able to turn off 100hz as is the case with the TX-32LXD70 has any effect on XBOX gaming?

Not sure if the LXD is worth the extra money (which I have not really got anyway) so seems at £470 I cant go wrong with the LMD?

A

Anonymous

Its the "interpolated images( using motion vector technology)" that are created between frames, means an estimation of the motion that takes place using this technlogy, and only little info is derived from the actual frame/frames.so the key word is the ESTIMATION i.e some part of the frame is being estimated

A

Anonymous

The LXD is deffinitely worth the extra. I had an LMD70 for a few weeks and swapped it for an LXD70, it really is a massive difference. The 100Hz seems to work well with the content I have thrown at it, there is less motion blur on the LXD70. Gaming works well on it.

The thing that made me swap from LMD to LXD though wasn't the 100Hz, but that the LMD viewing angles are not great in the vertical plane, so if you walk past the TV fairly close (like if it is in a bedroom), the picture fades. This does not happen on the LXD, at least I can't notice any fade, even at fairly extreme angles.

The other big difference I noticed is that the LXD70 has noticeably darker blacks (having compared both sets in my home with loads of different content) and slightly more vibrant colours.

The LMD was a very nice TV, but for me, the LXD is in a league of its own at the 32 and 26 inch size, and was worth every extra penny given that I plan to keep the TV for a number of years.

Worth noting as well that in most shops it was quite hard to see the viewing angle differences due to the bright shop lighting, and bright content being shown. On darker stuff in a home environment, the difference is significant.

A

Anonymous

Another option is the Sony KDL32D3000, its 100Hz, pretty good SD pictures and its slightly cheaper than th Panasonics TX32LXD70 but i wouldnt say as good

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts