Yamaha RX-V375 HDMI Standby synchronization issue

Willferox

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I have recently bought a Yamaha RX-V375.

I have enabled Standby synchronization so that my Samsung TV remote control turns off my AV receiver when I hit the STANDBY button. However, when I hit the STANDBY button to turn the TV on, the AV receiver doesn't turn on with the TV. So, the syncronization only works one way - OFF. Thus, when I turn on my TV, I have to manually turn on the AV reciever (which then recognises the HDMI input, but, after about 15 seconds, DEFAULTS to AV4, to which nothing is connected to - i.e. SILENCE!).

How can I resolve this?

Will.

Willferox

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
From Yamaha:

Dear Mr Kee,

Thanks for your email and for your interest in Yamaha A/V & Hi-fi.

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with your system.

With regards to your set up, your Yamaha receiver is working correctly, the problem would be with your Samsung TV's CEC system and its available CEC functions.

Under CEC control (Samsung call this Anynet) your Yamaha acts as the slave device being told what to do from the other connected devices, usually the TV being the master device, if the system works with HDMI control (anynet) switched off, then this is the TV CEC control telling the receiver what to do.

(Issue 1) When you have the AnyNet system turned "on" on your TV, your TV is sending a signal to your Yamaha to switch over to the ARC input ( this is usually after 10 to 15 seconds, as you describe), Samsung TV's currently do not have the ability to have the AnyNet on but ARC auto switch over signal "OFF", if you switch of the Anynet on your Samsung TV and switch off HDMI control on your Yamaha, you should no notice you no longer have the problem but you lose the Anynet facilities you do want ( like remote control operations etc)

(Issue 2) some Samsung TV's do not support power on command over CEC (Anynet) this means your TV is not able to switch on your Yamaha, there are no settings on your Yamaha to enable this, sorry, so you would need to again ask Samsung if your TV supports or does not support this feature.

So in this case you would need to ask Samsung if they have any updates for there screen operating CEC system or is this a limitation of the TV's CEC functions.

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Yamaha Technical A/V

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
This does actually seem more likely. Of all the tv brands, Samsung's HDMI connectivity has definitely proven to be the least stable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts