Yamaha RX-A6A vs Epson LS12000B

dvoltz

May 13, 2023
Visit site
I am using a RX-A6A as receiver and an Epson LS12000B as beamer : would you recommand to activate the "Video Processing" or the "Direct" feature on the receiver ?

I've done some tests with several sources (Apple TV4k 3rd generation, Oppo UDP-203 or Zidoo z1000 Pro) but I see no difference...

Does anyone have the same setup and can provide the best settings he would apply on AV-receiver ? Thks

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I am using a RX-A6A as receiver and an Epson LS12000B as beamer : would you recommand to activate the "Video Processing" or the "Direct" feature on the receiver ?

I've done some tests with several sources (Apple TV4k 3rd generation, Oppo UDP-203 or Zidoo z1000 Pro) but I see no difference...

Does anyone have the same setup and can provide the best settings he would apply on AV-receiver ? Thks
Always use Direct. "Video Processing" puts the signal through the amp's internal upscaler. Which is OK but not as good as the one in the Oppo, Zidoo or Apple TV. Probably not even as good as the upscaler in the Epson.