Yamaha DSP-AX863SE (amplifier) - review forthcoming?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, all.

Just wondering if a review of this amplifier is on the cards, at all? I'm pretty much set on buying the KEF KHT-3005SE speakers (I want 'style' speakers and can't justify spending much more than £1,000), but I'm undecided on the accompanying amp.

I know the Onkyo TX-SR875 is highly recommended, but I've been told that Yamaha models tend to be very good, too. I'd be very keen to hear people's thoughts on amps/receivers in the £700-£1,000 price range...

Thanks very much in advance for any news/tips.

A

Anonymous

Dont know about the amp, but you can get a good deal at sevenoaks now with the kefs and that yama hamp for 1450. looks like a steal to me

A

Anonymous

That is a good deal. Thanks for giving me the 'heads up'.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Clare. It seems that the £600-800 amp/receiver market is going to be fiercely contested this year, so I'm looking forward to the reviews.

A

Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone has bought or played around with this amp yet? If so, is it any good?

A

Anonymous

I've actually got the aforementioned package last week (yamaha dsp-ax863se + kef kht3005se) and it's absolutely brilliant. A bit of a av newbie so can't really compare it to much, but have had a listen to the 605 before with the kefs and prefered the yamaha for music (my clincher).

A

Anonymous

Nice one; thanks for letting me know what you think.

Now that the Onyo TX-SR875 is available for £800, I'm very tempted to just plump for that. However, I've heard that the 876 will probably be released by the end of the year, so I'm a little wary of buying a model at nearly its full price when it may be completely surpassed in the near future. Tough decisions ahead, especially with new Denon and Pioneer models on the way.

TRENDING THREADS