wilson benesch square one speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
can anybody help. My system comprises of primare i30 amp primare cd31. Speaker cables chord company rumour 4 bi wire. Interconnect Van den hul the first ultimate mk 2. This is my problem. I recently bought wilson benesch square one speakers and to my ears they sound very harsh and bright it's got to the point where i don't want to listen to them anymore, and i am thinking about selling them on ebay. Before i do this is there anybody that can give me advice.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="underslunky"]Before i do this is there anybody that can give me advice[/quote]

Baaaad choice of speakers poor thing but I take them off you for a tenner
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

why do u think it's a bad choice of speaker. From all the reviews i've read they have had excellent comments about them. Sorry can't let them go for a tenner, they cost me 1500 + 500 for the dedicated stands. 1 month old i'm hoping to get £1500 for them. In all seriousness why do u think they are a bad choice of speaker

A

Anonymous

[quote user="underslunky"]
can anybody help. My system comprises of primare i30 amp primare cd31. Speaker cables chord company rumour 4 bi wire. Interconnect Van den hul the first ultimate mk 2. This is my problem. I recently bought wilson benesch square one speakers and to my ears they sound very harsh and bright it's got to the point where i don't want to listen to them anymore, and i am thinking about selling them on ebay. Before i do this is there anybody that can give me advice.

[/quote]

give them a month of hard use to see how it goes,they'll mellow out I'm sure.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your response mohawk. I would like to know how drummerman came to the conclusion that they are a bad choice of speaker. I did own monitor audio gs10s but they tended to be too bassy in my room, had to have them 1 foot from rear wall. The wilson's are intended to work close to walls without excesive bass. I've always wanted to own a good pair of floorstanders but perhaps sitting 8ft from them and having them close to wall i'm limited to stand mounts. I've also noticed that i could follow song lyrics easier with the monitor audio's than i can with the wilson's.Any comments most welcome. Cheers.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="underslunky"]Thanks for your response mohawk. I would like to know how drummerman came to the conclusion that they are a bad choice of speaker. I did own monitor audio gs10s but they tended to be too bassy in my room, had to have them 1 foot from rear wall. The wilson's are intended to work close to walls without excesive bass. I've always wanted to own a good pair of floorstanders but perhaps sitting 8ft from them and having them close to wall i'm limited to stand mounts. I've also noticed that i could follow song lyrics easier with the monitor audio's than i can with the wilson's.Any comments most welcome. Cheers.[/quote]

Lighten up. I'm sure they're very good if matched well but I've personally never heard a pair. Just out of curiosity, did you listen to them BEFORE handing your money over?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="underslunky"]benesch square one speakers and to my ears they sound very harsh and bright it's
got to the point where i don't want to listen to them anymore[/quote]

The WB spuare do sound very great with Audionet gears which major on Dynamic swing and sound stage. The Premiere amp and cdp should be nearly as good as audionet in this department, certainly the combo should never become bright! I can't see why your system sounded too harsh at all, something wrong somewhere or could be they need longer for run in.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]
[quote user="underslunky"]benesch square one speakers and to my ears they sound very harsh and bright it's got to the point where i don't want to listen to them anymore[/quote] The WB spuare do sound very great with Audionet gears which major on Dynamic swing and sound stage. The Premiere amp and cdp should be nearly as good as audionet in this department, certainly the combo should never become bright! I can't see why your system sounded too harsh at all, something wrong somewhere or could be they need longer for run in.
[/quote]

There's a man in distress so do us all a favour and dont suggest he should change his amp/cd too which is going to cost him even more if he does'nt listen to the replacements first you bad boy.

Joking aside (and I'm sure YOU DID audition them ... did'nt you?!) and in the interest of actually saying something non-abusive for a change, I assume that your system was balanced before you added the Wilsons. I suggest you go back to square one (!) and try some damage limitation by hopefully getting a fair price for them. If you experience such fatigue when listening to music I very much doubt that breaking them in will solve the problem but at least you are not going to loose any more money by trying that. Throwing more cash at cables etc might reduce some of the edginess but its far from guaranteed and could make the whole thing more unbalanced in other respects. Cable changes are a means of finetuning a well balanced set up not as a cure for a badly matched one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts