Why is my Samsung not getting 3D on the Sky 3D channel?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone help? It's the PS50C7000 50" Plasma TV. The guy at Samsung can't help (yet!), Sky say it's fine from their end yet I am receiving, what look like normal HD pictures, in a split screen. Is there something I am missing??

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Sky broadcast in Side-by-Side, not like the sequential 3d that blu-ray uses. There should be an option when you press the 3D button the remote to use side-by-side and when selected will merge the 2 images and give you a 3d picture when using the glasses.

A

Anonymous

HI Clare, the glasses are fully charged etc. As I say the Sky 3D Channel looks just like the HD Channel only split in two. When you "convert to 3D" the screen becomes one but still remains pin sharp....weird.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, that is what the Samsung guy said, and I did it, as I say all I am getting is an HD image. My guess is it will end up being a sky issue!

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
It's more likely to be a Samsung issue, if you are seeing the double broadcast then you are getting the signal. Sounds like your TV isn't doing what it's supposed to when merging the 2 images.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
MRFREE2E:HI Clare, the glasses are fully charged etc. As I say the Sky 3D Channel looks just like the HD Channel only split in two. When you "convert to 3D" the screen becomes one but still remains pin sharp....weird.

As I understand it, the 'convert to 3D' option on Samsung TVs is to activate the 2D-to-3D conversion mode. That's not what you need here, as you're watching native 3D.

There must be a mode to put the set in for when you're watching native 3D- whether Blu-ray or Sky. Doubtless this would be automatically activated if connected to a Blu-ray player- that does a lot more in terms of handshaking - but i'm not sure the Sky box would make that level of connection. Time to check the set-up menus.... (sorry I can't be more helpful, but I don't have a Samsung set to hand right now!)

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi MrFreeze,

Select 3D on your remote, and from the menu which pops up, select 'ok'.

'2D - 3D' will be highlighted - this is not what you need to watch 3D on Sky.

Move the selector to 'side by side' ( the next image along on the 3Dmenu -it has 2 heads next to one another rather like the image you're getting from Sky - and that will give you true 3D.

As Clare says '2D - 3D' is the internal 2D to 3D converter which 'attempts' to make pseudo 3D from 2D images.

Any probs, repost and I'll see if I can help further.

Rob

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Rob
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rob. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked and I think the telly will be winging it's way back to Amazon as I am not getting any 3D pictures via the PS3 either.

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
MrFreeze,

just another couple of things you could try, if you haven't already.

Go into 'menu' from the remote control, then go into the 'picture', scroll down to '3D' and enter the set up menu

This gives you a selection of tweeks for the 3D. Select side by side in the 3D Mode menu.

Scroll down to 'Picture Correction' and select it. It should come up with a menu saying 'picture correction completed

Try turning 3D Auto View on and off.

Also try moving the 3D View Point.

And are you using a HDMI cable rated as 1.3 or 1.4 - sounds obvious but I was tearing my hair out (what little I have left) trying to figure out why my bluray player wouldn't read the USB flash drive I had inserted to get BD Live view until I realised it was a USB1 stick and wasn't fast enough.

I've not got sky, but it has worked with everything else I've watched on it so far.

Rob

A

Anonymous

This may be a silly question but no one has asked you yet; are you using an hdmi which is 1.4 3d ready?

A

Anonymous

No, will this make a difference as I was under the impression that a standard HDMI cable is fine?

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Sky3d shouldn't need a 1.4 cable as it's not sequential and thus doesn't need the same data transfer rate requirements. The PS3 however would require a 1.4 cable to watch 3d blu-rays.

A

Anonymous

Cheers, bought a 1.4 cable for the PS3 today, but it is still coming up with a "3d enabled TV and player" comment. If you can help with this one it would be great.....I still think the TVs broken!

A

Anonymous

Hi there, have you had any luck with this yet. I also have one of these TVs. Comet (where I purchased it from) says its down to SKY and SKY are saying down to Samsung, Can only get 3D menu to says 2d to 3D, and same as you can only get a splot screen, any help would be appreciated thanks

A

Anonymous

Just got a replacement from Amazon today, and it works fine. It was definitely the TV. Get it back to Comet and get it replaced! It's most certainly not SKY!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
chudleighpaul:
You have both made an expensive mistake in getting involved in 3D.

As always with technology early adopters pay most and have the most problems.

Not the most helpful contribution
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

In order to get your samsung 3d tv to adjust to sky's split screen you need to change the output in the sky box settings. Your tv will only use split screen when the sky box output is set at 720 or 1080. I think this is set as 576 as default, hence you end up seeing double.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts